Gaza truce deal not finalised - Israeli govt spokesman
JERUSALEM (Reuters) - A ceasefire deal with Gaza militants has not been finalised and the "ball is still in play", Israeli government spokesman Mark Regev told CNN on Tuesday.
"Until you're there, you're not there," he said.
Shortly before, an Hamas official said a deal had been reached during talks brokered by Egypt, adding that the ceasefire would come into effect at midnight (2200 GMT).
(Reporting by Allyn Fisher-Ilan; editing by Crispian Balmer)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. Army base in Texas on lockdown after suspicious vehicle found
- India approves $2.6 bln mounted gun purchase - official
- Asia stocks jump as China, Europe step up stimulus
- Iran, powers eye extension of nuclear talks with deadline hours away
- Suicide bomber kills 45 at volleyball match in Afghanistan
Iran, the United States and other world powers are discussing an extension to Monday's deadline for a deal to resolve a 12-year stand-off over Tehran's atomic ambitions, Western and Iranian officials said. Full Article