Reliance Capital gains; in talks to sell insurer stake
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Reliance Capital (RLCP.NS) gain around 1.8 percent after its CEO says the financial services firm has began talks to sell a 26 percent stake in its general insurance arm to a strategic foreign partner, in an interview with The Economic Times.
A spokesman confirms to Reuters the comments made by the CEO Sam Ghosh in the interview with the newspaper.
Ghosh did not name the potential partners in the interview.
In December Reliance Capital had also said it was in talks with potential partners to sell up to 26 percent in its general insurance business.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Govt considers ban on e-cigarettes, sale of single smokes
- India's fiscal deficit in H1 almost 83 pct of full-year target
- Islamic State fighters kill 220 Iraqis from tribe that opposed them
- Sensex surges 500 points on BOJ easing, L&T gains
- PRECIOUS-Gold, silver tumble to four-year lows as dollar rallies
Shares Hit Record
The BSE Sensex and Nifty surged to record highs for a second consecutive session on Friday after Bank of Japan's surprise expansion of its massive stimulus programme raised hopes for additional foreign inflows, boosting blue-chips such as Larsen & Toubro. Full Article
China's shadow banking sector growing rapidly, third largest in world - FSB. Full Article