Reliance Capital gains; in talks to sell insurer stake
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Reliance Capital (RLCP.NS) gain around 1.8 percent after its CEO says the financial services firm has began talks to sell a 26 percent stake in its general insurance arm to a strategic foreign partner, in an interview with The Economic Times.
A spokesman confirms to Reuters the comments made by the CEO Sam Ghosh in the interview with the newspaper.
Ghosh did not name the potential partners in the interview.
In December Reliance Capital had also said it was in talks with potential partners to sell up to 26 percent in its general insurance business.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Newtown massacre shooter indulged dark obsessions online, report says
- Canadian vets plan to join Kurdish fight against Islamic State
- Pakistani family sentenced to death over "honour killing" outside court
- UPDATE 5-Sold-out Cosby show goes ahead amid sex assault claims
- CANADA FX DEBT-C$ hits 3-week high on forecast-beating CPI data, higher oil
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has a long list of pro-growth measures to implement over the next four months, but time may have already run out to breathe enough life into the economy to meet the tough 2014/15 fiscal deficit target without cuts. Article