Reliance Capital gains; in talks to sell insurer stake
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Reliance Capital (RLCP.NS) gain around 1.8 percent after its CEO says the financial services firm has began talks to sell a 26 percent stake in its general insurance arm to a strategic foreign partner, in an interview with The Economic Times.
A spokesman confirms to Reuters the comments made by the CEO Sam Ghosh in the interview with the newspaper.
Ghosh did not name the potential partners in the interview.
In December Reliance Capital had also said it was in talks with potential partners to sell up to 26 percent in its general insurance business.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-U.S. regulator questions Verizon plan to slow data speeds for some
- Argentina credit story grows murkier as talks collapse
- U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark
- Best Buy CEO says tablet sales are "crashing" - Re/code
- Kerry presses India on global trade deal as deadline looms
Kerry in India
U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry, who arrived in India on Wednesday for an official visit, has pressed New Delhi to drop its opposition to global trade reforms, saying it was a test of the country's commitment to advance economic liberalisation. Full Article | Slideshow