Reckitt says looks forward to clinching Schiff takeover
LONDON (Reuters) - Reckitt Benckiser (RB.L) said on Tuesday it looked forward to clinching a deal to buy U.S. vitamin maker Schiff Nutrition SHF.N after rival bidder Bayer (BAYGn.DE) announced it would not increase its offer.
Reckitt last week trumped Bayer's $1.2 billion agreed deal to buy Schiff with a higher offer of $1.4 billion.
"Our original tender offer still stands and we look forward to reaching an agreement," a spokeswoman for the UK consumer goods group said. "We are in communication with them (Schiff)," she added, while declining to go into further details.
(Reporting by Ben Hirschler; editing by Andrew Callus)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote but demand new powers
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- China not warlike, says Xi, as border standoff dominates India trip
- India TV anchor's number is up after naming China's Xi 'Eleven'
- Infosys partners with China's Huawei for cloud-based services