Reckitt says looks forward to clinching Schiff takeover
LONDON (Reuters) - Reckitt Benckiser (RB.L) said on Tuesday it looked forward to clinching a deal to buy U.S. vitamin maker Schiff Nutrition SHF.N after rival bidder Bayer (BAYGn.DE) announced it would not increase its offer.
Reckitt last week trumped Bayer's $1.2 billion agreed deal to buy Schiff with a higher offer of $1.4 billion.
"Our original tender offer still stands and we look forward to reaching an agreement," a spokeswoman for the UK consumer goods group said. "We are in communication with them (Schiff)," she added, while declining to go into further details.
(Reporting by Ben Hirschler; editing by Andrew Callus)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 2-Afghanistan gives NYT reporter 24 hours to leave country
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Hewlett-Packard posts surprise revenue gain after PC sales jump
- Murder, revenge, lust and rampage take over 'Sin City' sequel |
- Billy Crystal to commemorate late actor Robin Williams at Emmys