Kingfisher up on report UB Holdings may sell property
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Kingfisher Airlines(KING.NS) rise 1.5 percent after The Economic Times newspaper reported Blackstone(BX.N) has made an offer to buy prime office and retail real estate property from investment holding company UB Holdings, citing two people familiar with the developments.
A spokeswoman for Blackstone declined to comment on the report calling it "a pure speculation story." A UB Group spokesman also declined comment.
Nonetheless, dealers say the media report about a potential deal is raising hopes billionaire Vijay Mallya, who controls Kingfisher and UB Holdings, could use any money raised to inject into the debt-laden carrier.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-U.S. regulator questions Verizon plan to slow data speeds for some
- Argentina credit story grows murkier as talks collapse
- U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark
- Best Buy CEO says tablet sales are "crashing" - Re/code
- Kerry presses India on global trade deal as deadline looms
Kerry in India
U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry, who arrived in India on Wednesday for an official visit, has pressed New Delhi to drop its opposition to global trade reforms, saying it was a test of the country's commitment to advance economic liberalisation. Full Article | Slideshow