Kingfisher up on report UB Holdings may sell property
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Kingfisher Airlines(KING.NS) rise 1.5 percent after The Economic Times newspaper reported Blackstone(BX.N) has made an offer to buy prime office and retail real estate property from investment holding company UB Holdings, citing two people familiar with the developments.
A spokeswoman for Blackstone declined to comment on the report calling it "a pure speculation story." A UB Group spokesman also declined comment.
Nonetheless, dealers say the media report about a potential deal is raising hopes billionaire Vijay Mallya, who controls Kingfisher and UB Holdings, could use any money raised to inject into the debt-laden carrier.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Russia can run on empty for a year if sanctions block new bonds
- Apple says celebrity photo breach targeted, not due to its systems
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Actress Jennifer Lawrence contacts authorities after nude photos hacked
- UPDATE 2-Apple says celebrity photo breach targeted, not due to its systems
The BSE Sensex on Tuesday breached the psychologically key level of 27,000 points for the first time to hit its third consecutive record high as blue-chips such as HDFC Bank gained after recent data raises hopes about the economy. Full Article