Kingfisher up on report UB Holdings may sell property
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Kingfisher Airlines(KING.NS) rise 1.5 percent after The Economic Times newspaper reported Blackstone(BX.N) has made an offer to buy prime office and retail real estate property from investment holding company UB Holdings, citing two people familiar with the developments.
A spokeswoman for Blackstone declined to comment on the report calling it "a pure speculation story." A UB Group spokesman also declined comment.
Nonetheless, dealers say the media report about a potential deal is raising hopes billionaire Vijay Mallya, who controls Kingfisher and UB Holdings, could use any money raised to inject into the debt-laden carrier.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Obama, Modi vow to boost strategic ties, create model for world
- Preview: Basel fans baffled by new coach Sousa's switches
- Preview: Arsenal must now beat Galatasaray, says Cazorla
- Police arrest 140 for religious clashes in Vadodara as Modi tours U.S.
- Modi orders officials to clean loos on Gandhi's birthday
U.S. President Barack Obama and new Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi vowed on Monday to expand and deepen their countries' strategic partnership and make it a model for the rest of the world. Full Article | Full Coverage
China final HSBC PMI steady in September on stronger global demand but risks remain Full Article
Police arrest 140 for religious clashes in Vadodara as Modi tours U.S. Full Article