Kingfisher up on report UB Holdings may sell property
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Kingfisher Airlines(KING.NS) rise 1.5 percent after The Economic Times newspaper reported Blackstone(BX.N) has made an offer to buy prime office and retail real estate property from investment holding company UB Holdings, citing two people familiar with the developments.
A spokeswoman for Blackstone declined to comment on the report calling it "a pure speculation story." A UB Group spokesman also declined comment.
Nonetheless, dealers say the media report about a potential deal is raising hopes billionaire Vijay Mallya, who controls Kingfisher and UB Holdings, could use any money raised to inject into the debt-laden carrier.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Exit polls see gains for BJP in state elections
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- UPDATE 2-Jay Z leads with 9 Grammy nominations, but newcomers vie for top honors
- Australia celebrates first same-sex marriages ahead of court challenge
- Chinese mourn Mandela; ask awkward questions about own dissidents
The World Trade Organization reached its first ever trade reform deal on Saturday to the roar of approval from nearly 160 ministers who had gathered on the Indonesian island of Bali to decide on the make-or-break agreement that could add $1 trillion to the global economy. Full Article