Kingfisher up on report UB Holdings may sell property
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Kingfisher Airlines(KING.NS) rise 1.5 percent after The Economic Times newspaper reported Blackstone(BX.N) has made an offer to buy prime office and retail real estate property from investment holding company UB Holdings, citing two people familiar with the developments.
A spokeswoman for Blackstone declined to comment on the report calling it "a pure speculation story." A UB Group spokesman also declined comment.
Nonetheless, dealers say the media report about a potential deal is raising hopes billionaire Vijay Mallya, who controls Kingfisher and UB Holdings, could use any money raised to inject into the debt-laden carrier.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- In his native Alabama, Apple CEO's announcement he is gay prompts discomfort for some
- Kurdish peshmerga forces enter Syria's Kobani after further air strikes
- SEBI piles pressure on Sahara to sell overseas hotels
- China expresses concern about Indian plan to build border posts
- Judge rejects strict limits on U.S. nurse who treated Ebola patients
Shares Hit Record
The BSE Sensex and Nifty surged to record highs for a second consecutive session on Friday after Bank of Japan's surprise expansion of its massive stimulus programme raised hopes for additional foreign inflows, boosting blue-chips such as Larsen & Toubro. Full Article
China's shadow banking sector growing rapidly, third largest in world - FSB. Full Article