India allows LIC to hold up to 30 pct in companies
MUMBAI Nov 21 (Reuters) - The Indian government has allowed state-run Life Insurance Corp to hold up to 30 percent in companies from 10 percent currently, banking secretary D.K. Mittal said on Wednesday.
The benchmark BSE index rose 0.72 percent, or 131.06 points, to end at 18,460.38.
The broader NSE index rose 0.78 percent, or 43.25 points, to end at 5614.80, closing above the psychologically important 5,600 level. (Reporting by Arup Roychoudhury in New Delhi; Editing by Anupama Dwivedi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysia Airlines plane missing, presumed crashed in South China Sea
- Malaysian plane with 239 aboard crashes - report
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- UPDATE 3-U.S. FDA probes cognitive impact of new cholesterol drugs
- Ukraine standoff intensifies; Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang'
PLANE GOES MISSING
A Malaysia Airlines flight carrying 227 passengers and 12 crew went missing over the South China Sea on Saturday, presumed crashed, as ships and planes from countries closest to its flight path scoured a large search area for any wreckage. Full Article