Illumina says Complete Genomics rejects buyout offer
(Reuters) - Genetic sequencing company Illumina Inc (ILMN.O) said smaller peer Complete Genomics Inc GNOM.O rejected its takeover bid of about $114 million.
Complete Genomics had agreed to be bought by China's BGI-Shenzhen in September for $3.15 per share, three months after the gene sequencing company started a strategic review.
Illumina on Friday revealed its bid of $3.30 per Complete Genomics share.
In a filing on Wednesday, Illumina said its bid was superior and unlike the BGI bid, was not contingent on financing or subject to government approval as a foreign investment.
Shares of Illumina closed at $50.52 on Tuesday, while those of Complete Genomics closed at $3.09 on the Nasdaq.
(Reporting by Balaji Sridharan in Bangalore; Editing by Supriya Kurane)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S.-led air strikes killed 521 fighters, 32 civilians in Syria - monitor
- Google launches new email service dubbed "Inbox"
- India hope to get boxer Sarita Devi's suspension reversed
- Apple CEO says to add 25 stores in China within two years - Sina
- Japan PM's new minister hit by scandal over racy bar bill