Illumina says Complete Genomics rejects buyout offer
(Reuters) - Genetic sequencing company Illumina Inc (ILMN.O) said smaller peer Complete Genomics Inc GNOM.O rejected its takeover bid of about $114 million.
Complete Genomics had agreed to be bought by China's BGI-Shenzhen in September for $3.15 per share, three months after the gene sequencing company started a strategic review.
Illumina on Friday revealed its bid of $3.30 per Complete Genomics share.
In a filing on Wednesday, Illumina said its bid was superior and unlike the BGI bid, was not contingent on financing or subject to government approval as a foreign investment.
Shares of Illumina closed at $50.52 on Tuesday, while those of Complete Genomics closed at $3.09 on the Nasdaq.
(Reporting by Balaji Sridharan in Bangalore; Editing by Supriya Kurane)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-Heineken confirms, rebuffs SABMiller bid
- Wall St Week Ahead - Fed change unlikely to blunt equities' appeal over bonds
- NATO countries have begun arms deliveries to Ukraine - defence minister
- North Korea sentences US citizen Matthew Miller to six years hard labour
- British queen urges Scots to 'think carefully' on independence vote