Illumina says Complete Genomics rejects buyout offer
(Reuters) - Genetic sequencing company Illumina Inc (ILMN.O) said smaller peer Complete Genomics Inc GNOM.O rejected its takeover bid of about $114 million.
Complete Genomics had agreed to be bought by China's BGI-Shenzhen in September for $3.15 per share, three months after the gene sequencing company started a strategic review.
Illumina on Friday revealed its bid of $3.30 per Complete Genomics share.
In a filing on Wednesday, Illumina said its bid was superior and unlike the BGI bid, was not contingent on financing or subject to government approval as a foreign investment.
Shares of Illumina closed at $50.52 on Tuesday, while those of Complete Genomics closed at $3.09 on the Nasdaq.
(Reporting by Balaji Sridharan in Bangalore; Editing by Supriya Kurane)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Islamic State fighters kill 220 Iraqis from tribe that opposed them
- In his native Alabama, Apple CEO's announcement he is gay prompts discomfort for some
- Xiaomi moves into third place in global smartphone war
- UPDATE 5-Bike-riding U.S. nurse defies Ebola quarantine, on collision course with governor
- Skin-eating Asian fungus imperils world's salamanders