Govt source says fiscal deficit may widen more
MUMBAI (Reuters) - A government source said the fiscal deficit could widen more than targeted for the year ending in March, potentially requiring additional market borrowing.
The government source said the fiscal deficit could reach 5.5 to 5.6 percent of gross domestic product in 2012/13, which could require additional market borrowing of 350-400 billion rupees.
The benchmark 10-year bond yield rose to as high as 8.23 percent, up 3 basis points from levels before the news. The yield was last trading at 8.22 percent compared to its 8.21 percent close on Wednesday.
(Reporting by Subhadip Sircar; Editing by Rafael Nam)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 7-Court orders Russia to pay $50 bln for seizing Yukos assets
- UPDATE 5-Property website Zillow to buy rival Trulia to cut costs
- UPDATE 3-Judge allows $2 bln sale of NBA's Los Angeles Clippers to proceed
- Israel warns of long Gaza war as Palestinian fighters cross border
- UPDATE 6-Dollar Tree to buy Family Dollar to stave off competition
Indian conglomerate Larsen & Toubro said on Monday revenue totalled 191.23 billion Indian rupees ($3.2 billion) in the first quarter, beating analyst forecasts, after a rise in orders from international clients. Full Article