Indian shares rise for 2nd day; tech, bank shares lead
MUMBAI Nov 22 (Reuters) - Indian stock indexes edged higher on Thursday, turning flat to slightly positive for the month, as weaker rupee boosted IT shares such as Infosys, while banking stocks such as SBI rose on the first day of the winter session of parliament.
Infosys provisionally rose 1.4 percent, while State Bank of India gained 1.8 percent.
The BSE index provisionally gained 0.26 percent, while the 50-share NSE index ended up 0.23 percent. (Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi; Editing by Rafael Nam)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysian jetliner may have turned back before vanishing
- Malaysian plane still missing; questions over false IDs
- Malaysian jet's disappearance among rarest of aviation disasters
- Malaysia Airlines says "fearing the worst" for missing jet
- Malaysia probing two more passengers on missing flight - source
A missing Malaysia Airlines jetliner may have turned back from its scheduled route before vanishing from radar screens, military officers said on Sunday, deepening the mystery surrounding the fate of the plane and the 239 people aboard. Full Article