Indian shares rise for 2nd day; tech, bank shares lead
MUMBAI Nov 22 (Reuters) - Indian stock indexes edged higher on Thursday, turning flat to slightly positive for the month, as weaker rupee boosted IT shares such as Infosys, while banking stocks such as SBI rose on the first day of the winter session of parliament.
Infosys provisionally rose 1.4 percent, while State Bank of India gained 1.8 percent.
The BSE index provisionally gained 0.26 percent, while the 50-share NSE index ended up 0.23 percent. (Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi; Editing by Rafael Nam)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Apple says its systems not to blame for celebrity photo breach
- UPDATE 6-Islamic State issues video of beheading of U.S. hostage
- UPDATE 3-Apple says its systems not to blame for celebrity photo breach
- Islamic State issues video of beheading of U.S. hostage
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon