Indian shares rise for 2nd day; tech, bank shares lead
MUMBAI Nov 22 (Reuters) - Indian stock indexes edged higher on Thursday, turning flat to slightly positive for the month, as weaker rupee boosted IT shares such as Infosys, while banking stocks such as SBI rose on the first day of the winter session of parliament.
Infosys provisionally rose 1.4 percent, while State Bank of India gained 1.8 percent.
The BSE index provisionally gained 0.26 percent, while the 50-share NSE index ended up 0.23 percent. (Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi; Editing by Rafael Nam)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S.-led air strikes killed 521 fighters, 32 civilians in Syria - monitor
- Google launches new email service dubbed "Inbox"
- Apple CEO says to add 25 stores in China within two years - Sina
- Japan PM's new minister hit by scandal over racy bar bill
- Nissan recalling 260,000 vehicles globally with Takata air bags