Magnitude 4.9 quake jolts Tokyo, no tsunami warning
TOKYO (Reuters) - An earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 4.9 jolted Tokyo and nearby areas on Saturday, but no tsunami warning has been issued, Japan Meteorological Agency said.
Some trains were temporarily halted but are now back to normal service, public broadcaster NHK said. There were no immediate reports of damage.
The depth of the tremor was 80 km (50 miles) in Chiba prefecture, east of Tokyo, the Meteorological Agency said.
(Reporting by Yoko Kubota; Editing by Sanjeev Miglani)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Alabama man sues, claiming penis amputated instead of circumcised
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane
- REFILE-Minnesota man asked to leave Southwest flight after critical tweet
- Wipro sees strong sales growth, eyes Europe deals
- Taiwan launches inquiry into plane crash that killed 48