AirAsia says has no plans to bid for Spicejet
KUALA LUMPUR (Reuters) - Malaysian budget carrier AirAsia Berhad AIRA.Kl has dismissed speculation that it is bidding for struggling airline SpiceJet Ltd (SPJT.BO).
"AirAsia rejects the speculation surrounding our possible expansion in India. These reports are completely incorrect," AirAsia Group CEO Tony Fernandes said in a statement.
"AirAsia has not submitted a bid for the Indian budget carrier, and has no intention of doing so," he added.
(Reporting By Siva Sithraputhran; Editing by Helen Massy-Beresford)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. drug regulator approves headband device to prevent migraines
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west
- UPDATE 3-Time running out for EU bid to engage Russia, Germany warns
- When Zach met Barack: pitching Obamacare online
- Up to $600,000 taken from Houston's Lakewood megachurch safe
Consumer inflation and industrial output data on Wednesday will likely offer little evidence of a respite from high inflation and weak economic growth before a general election that begins next month. Full Article
India halts plan to join global bond indexes, defers Euroclear - sources. Full Article
EXCLUSIVE - India to slash Iran oil imports to meet nuclear deal parameters: sources. Full Article