AirAsia says has no plans to bid for Spicejet
KUALA LUMPUR (Reuters) - Malaysian budget carrier AirAsia Berhad AIRA.Kl has dismissed speculation that it is bidding for struggling airline SpiceJet Ltd (SPJT.BO).
"AirAsia rejects the speculation surrounding our possible expansion in India. These reports are completely incorrect," AirAsia Group CEO Tony Fernandes said in a statement.
"AirAsia has not submitted a bid for the Indian budget carrier, and has no intention of doing so," he added.
(Reporting By Siva Sithraputhran; Editing by Helen Massy-Beresford)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Google launches new email service dubbed "Inbox"
- Apple CEO says to add 25 stores in China within two years - Sina
- U.S.-led air strikes killed 521 fighters, 32 civilians in Syria - monitor
- Sensex gains in special trading session on Diwali
- Nissan recalling 260,000 vehicles globally with Takata air bags