AirAsia says has no plans to bid for Spicejet
KUALA LUMPUR (Reuters) - Malaysian budget carrier AirAsia Berhad AIRA.Kl has dismissed speculation that it is bidding for struggling airline SpiceJet Ltd (SPJT.BO).
"AirAsia rejects the speculation surrounding our possible expansion in India. These reports are completely incorrect," AirAsia Group CEO Tony Fernandes said in a statement.
"AirAsia has not submitted a bid for the Indian budget carrier, and has no intention of doing so," he added.
(Reporting By Siva Sithraputhran; Editing by Helen Massy-Beresford)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Modi eyes breakthrough nuclear pact on Japan trip
- UPDATE 3-Ebola causing huge damage to W.Africa economies- development bank
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- UPDATE 4-Ukraine warns Europe of Russian gas cut-off, Moscow denies
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion
Jan Dhan Yojana
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will promise on Thursday to provide a bank account for every Indian household when he launches a major initiative that could save billions of dollars in welfare spending and help mend strained state finances. Full Article