AirAsia says has no plans to bid for Spicejet
KUALA LUMPUR (Reuters) - Malaysian budget carrier AirAsia Berhad AIRA.Kl has dismissed speculation that it is bidding for struggling airline SpiceJet Ltd (SPJT.BO).
"AirAsia rejects the speculation surrounding our possible expansion in India. These reports are completely incorrect," AirAsia Group CEO Tony Fernandes said in a statement.
"AirAsia has not submitted a bid for the Indian budget carrier, and has no intention of doing so," he added.
(Reporting By Siva Sithraputhran; Editing by Helen Massy-Beresford)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Alabama man claims penis was amputated by mistake
- UPDATE 7-French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane
- UPDATE 2-U.S. says Russia firing artillery over border at Ukraine military
- UPDATE 8-At least 15 killed by shelling of Gaza school; toll exceeds 760
- Gunmen said to chase investigators from MH17 crash site
India blocked an agreement on new global customs rules on Thursday, angering fellow members of the World Trade Organization who say Delhi's veto could be costly, economically and politically. Full Article