Mahindra shares fall after Aston Martin bid reports
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Mahindra & Mahindra(MAHM.NS) drop as much as 2.9 percent after reports that the automaker has entered into a takeover deal with an Italian private equity fund for 50 percent of British luxury car maker Aston Martin.
Brokerage Edelweiss says in a note Aston Martin would require significant investments in research and development, and benefits of technology transfer to the Indian tractor and utility vehicle maker's product portfolio was "questionable" given little similarity between portfolios. Edelweiss says it views the bid with caution, but maintains its "buy" rating with a target price of 1,027 rupees on Mahindra stock.
Mahindra & Mahindra shares have gained 7.9 percent this month as on Friday's close. The stock was down 2.78 percent at 927.50 rupees at 12:12 p.m.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 6-Islamic State issues video of beheading of U.S. hostage
- Apple says its systems not to blame for celebrity photo breach
- UPDATE 3-Apple says its systems not to blame for celebrity photo breach
- Ukraine steelmen hold their ground as frontline marches towards port
- UPDATE 1-Girl who fatally shot Arizona gun instructor said weapon was too powerful
The BSE Sensex on Tuesday breached the psychologically key level of 27,000 points for the first time to hit its third consecutive record high as blue-chips such as HDFC Bank gained after recent data raises hopes about the economy. Full Article
100 days of Modi: Good for business, not so good for marginalised groups. Full Article