Indian shares end up; airline shares gain
MUMBAI Nov 26 (Reuters) - Indian shares provisionally ended up on Monday, led by gains in export-driven technology shares such as Infosys following weakness in the rupee, while airline shares such as Jet Airways surged on stake sale talks.
Infosys rose 1.6 percent, Jet Airways rose 9.88 percent, while SpiceJet gained 13 percent.
The BSE index provisionally ended up 0.17 percent, while the NSE index also gained 0.17 percent. (Reporting by Manoj Dharra)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Alabama man claims penis was amputated by mistake
- UPDATE 7-French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane
- Iraq elects president as Ban urges unity to save nation
- UPDATE 2-U.S. says Russia firing artillery over border at Ukraine military
- UPDATE 8-At least 15 killed by shelling of Gaza school; toll exceeds 760
India blocked an agreement on new global customs rules on Thursday, angering fellow members of the World Trade Organization who say Delhi's veto could be costly, economically and politically. Full Article