United Spirits gains after Nomura upgrade
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in United Spirits(UNSP.NS) gain 3.3 percent after Nomura upgraded the stock to 'buy' from 'neutral' and raised its target price to 2,200 rupees from 675 rupees, advocating a structural re-rating after a deal with Diageo PLC (DGE.L).
The investment bank says that selling off treasury shares and preferential issue of shares to Diageo will bring in 33 billion rupees in the company which will help to pay debt and improve profitability.
"Despite the fact that the stock is up about 30 percent since the deal announcement on November 9, we believe investors should now buy UNSP as part of their core holding in Indian consumer stocks," Nomura said in a report.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- OPEC oil output hits highest since 2012 on Libya, Saudi-Reuters Survey
- With iPhone 6 approved in China, Apple suppliers ready for demand
- Energy, manufacturing to lead Modi, Obama talks
- Modi promises U.S. CEOs a return to market reforms
- Kurds seize Iraq/Syria border post; Sunni tribe joins fight against Islamic State
President Barack Obama and new Prime Minister Narendra Modi discussed trade issues, climate change and the fight against Islamic State militants during an Oval Office meeting on Tuesday, the two leaders told reporters after their meeting. Story | Full Coverage
China final HSBC PMI steady in September on stronger global demand but risks remain Full Article