United Spirits gains after Nomura upgrade
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in United Spirits(UNSP.NS) gain 3.3 percent after Nomura upgraded the stock to 'buy' from 'neutral' and raised its target price to 2,200 rupees from 675 rupees, advocating a structural re-rating after a deal with Diageo PLC (DGE.L).
The investment bank says that selling off treasury shares and preferential issue of shares to Diageo will bring in 33 billion rupees in the company which will help to pay debt and improve profitability.
"Despite the fact that the stock is up about 30 percent since the deal announcement on November 9, we believe investors should now buy UNSP as part of their core holding in Indian consumer stocks," Nomura said in a report.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- TIMELINE-The search for missing Malaysian jet
- UPDATE 3-Republican Party wins Florida congressional seat in special election
- Wild theories fill void left by missing Malaysian plane
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west
- Malaysia air force denies tracking missing jet to Strait of Malacca
Budget airline SpiceJet has signed a deal with Boeing Co to buy 42 737 MAX jets in a deal worth $4.4 billion at list prices, the company said on Wednesday, sending its shares up more than 7 percent. Full Article | Quote