United Spirits gains after Nomura upgrade
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in United Spirits(UNSP.NS) gain 3.3 percent after Nomura upgraded the stock to 'buy' from 'neutral' and raised its target price to 2,200 rupees from 675 rupees, advocating a structural re-rating after a deal with Diageo PLC (DGE.L).
The investment bank says that selling off treasury shares and preferential issue of shares to Diageo will bring in 33 billion rupees in the company which will help to pay debt and improve profitability.
"Despite the fact that the stock is up about 30 percent since the deal announcement on November 9, we believe investors should now buy UNSP as part of their core holding in Indian consumer stocks," Nomura said in a report.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Alibaba surges on massive demand in trading debut
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- EU relief at Scotland's "no" tinged with fear of nationalism
- UPDATE 8-Scots spurn independence in historic vote, nationalist leader resigns
- Kurdish leader urges world to protect Syrian town from Islamic State
India has capped the prices of 36 drugs, including those used to treat infections and diabetes, in its latest move to make essential medicines more affordable, a senior official of the country's drug pricing authority told Reuters on Friday. Full Article
Top rice exporter India importing over 100,000 T on temporary supply squeeze. Full Article