Hollande to discuss steel plant options with Mittal
PARIS (Reuters) - French President Francois Hollande said before meeting the chief executive of steelmaker ArcelorMittal on Tuesday that their discussion would touch on the possibility of nationalising a steelmaking site temporarily to save jobs.
Asked during a news conference if the options to keep two threatened blast furnaces operational included a temporary nationalisation, Hollande replied: "That is among the subjects we are discussing."
(Reporting By Nicholas Vinocur; Editing by Mark Heinrich)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Scots independence polls close, UK's future in the balance
- UPDATE 4-JetBlue flight makes emergency landing at California airport, 4 hurt
- UPDATE 1-Microsoft lays off 2,100, axes Silicon Valley research
- How Islamic State uses Syria's oil to fuel its advances
- UPDATE 1-International country music singer George Hamilton IV dies at 77
China is not a warlike nation, President Xi Jinping said on Thursday, during a rare trip to neighbour India that was dominated by a standoff on a barren Himalayan plateau between soldiers from the world's two most populous nations. Full Article | Slideshow
Obama to nominate Indian-American Richard Verma as India ambassador - congressional source. Full Article