Hollande to discuss steel plant options with Mittal
PARIS (Reuters) - French President Francois Hollande said before meeting the chief executive of steelmaker ArcelorMittal on Tuesday that their discussion would touch on the possibility of nationalising a steelmaking site temporarily to save jobs.
Asked during a news conference if the options to keep two threatened blast furnaces operational included a temporary nationalisation, Hollande replied: "That is among the subjects we are discussing."
(Reporting By Nicholas Vinocur; Editing by Mark Heinrich)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- São Paulo running out of water as rain-making Amazon vanishes
- Maker of U.S. highway guardrails stops shipments over safety concerns
- Woman isolated in NJ under Ebola rules tests negative
- Iran hangs woman convicted of killing alleged rapist
- Reuters Poll - India's growth pace to pick up as reforms draw investment
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley favours a cut in interest rates to trigger demand in the construction sector, a newspaper report said on Saturday, but the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has signalled it will not ease policy until it is confident of lower inflation. Full Article
Euro zone risks "relapse into recession" without structural reforms - Draghi. Full Article
Kalki Koechlin on her role as a disabled girl in “Margarita, With a Straw” Full Article