Samsung to ship 16 mln Windows 8 and 7 computers this year - exec
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - Samsung Electronics Co Ltd (005930.KS) will ship 16 million tablets and laptop computers operating on Microsoft Corp's (MSFT.O) Windows 8 and Windows 7 operating systems this year, said Jin Park, vice president of the IT solutions business at Samsung.
Microsoft, the world's largest software company, launched its new-look, touch-friendly Windows 8 earlier this year to grip customers' imagination, as it looks to regain ground lost to Apple Inc (AAPL.O) and Google Inc (GOOG.O) in mobile computing and shake up the moribund PC market.
(Reporting by Devidutta Tripathy; Editing by Sunil Nair)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Indiana police charge suspect who may have killed for decades
- Oil falls below $86 as oversupply, global economy worries weigh
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow business jet accident
- UPDATE 7-Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow business jet accident
- UPDATE 2-Texas investor Sam Wyly files for bankruptcy after losing SEC fraud case
Apple Inc forecast a strong holiday quarter after a better-than-expected 16 percent jump in iPhone sales, and the strongest growth in Mac computer shipments in years helped the company surpass Wall Street's targets. Full Article | Related Story