NEW DELHI Samsung Electronics Co Ltd (005930.KS) will ship 16 million tablets and laptop computers operating on Microsoft Corp's (MSFT.O) Windows 8 and Windows 7 operating systems this year, said Jin Park, vice president of the IT solutions business at Samsung.
Microsoft, the world's largest software company, launched its new-look, touch-friendly Windows 8 earlier this year to grip customers' imagination, as it looks to regain ground lost to Apple Inc (AAPL.O) and Google Inc (GOOG.O) in mobile computing and shake up the moribund PC market.
(Reporting by Devidutta Tripathy; Editing by Sunil Nair)
Trending On Reuters
India has blocked hundreds of adult websites to prevent pornography becoming a social nuisance, a government official said on Monday, sparking a debate about censorship and freedom in the world's largest democracy. Article | Poll
- Samsung glamour days over as it fights to save mobile market share
- Drug using 3D printing technology gets FDA nod
- U.S. court to hear lawsuits over 'net neutrality' in December
- U.S. drones capture breath samples from humpback whales in study
- Internet experts submit draft plan for U.S. to cede domain oversight