Samsung to ship 16 mln Windows 8 and 7 computers this year - exec
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - Samsung Electronics Co Ltd (005930.KS) will ship 16 million tablets and laptop computers operating on Microsoft Corp's (MSFT.O) Windows 8 and Windows 7 operating systems this year, said Jin Park, vice president of the IT solutions business at Samsung.
Microsoft, the world's largest software company, launched its new-look, touch-friendly Windows 8 earlier this year to grip customers' imagination, as it looks to regain ground lost to Apple Inc (AAPL.O) and Google Inc (GOOG.O) in mobile computing and shake up the moribund PC market.
(Reporting by Devidutta Tripathy; Editing by Sunil Nair)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Newtown massacre shooter indulged dark obsessions online, report says
- Plague in Madagascar has killed 40 people out of 119 cases -WHO
- Canadian vets plan to join Kurdish fight against Islamic State
- Pakistani family sentenced to death over "honour killing" outside court
- European Parliament may propose Google break-up in draft resolution
A U.S. judge on Friday gave final approval to Apple Inc's agreement to pay $450 million to resolve claims it harmed consumers by conspiring with five publishers to raise e-book prices. Full Article