Samsung to ship 16 mln Windows 8 and 7 computers this year - exec
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - Samsung Electronics Co Ltd (005930.KS) will ship 16 million tablets and laptop computers operating on Microsoft Corp's (MSFT.O) Windows 8 and Windows 7 operating systems this year, said Jin Park, vice president of the IT solutions business at Samsung.
Microsoft, the world's largest software company, launched its new-look, touch-friendly Windows 8 earlier this year to grip customers' imagination, as it looks to regain ground lost to Apple Inc (AAPL.O) and Google Inc (GOOG.O) in mobile computing and shake up the moribund PC market.
(Reporting by Devidutta Tripathy; Editing by Sunil Nair)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis
- Comedian Joan Rivers remains in serious condition at N.Y. hospital
- UPDATE 4-Iceland says eruption over, lifts all airspace restrictions
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- REVIEW-Bogdanovich's "She's Funny That Way" milks laughs in Venice
Apple Inc is working with Dutch chipmaker NXP Semiconductors NV to add secure near-field communications (NFC) technology into the next iPhone, which would enable the smartphone users to pay by touch, the Financial Times reported, citing people familiar with Apple's plans. Full Article
China's Tencent shuts messaging accounts after censorship rules - state media. Full Article