Samsung to ship 16 mln Windows 8 and 7 computers this year - exec
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - Samsung Electronics Co Ltd (005930.KS) will ship 16 million tablets and laptop computers operating on Microsoft Corp's (MSFT.O) Windows 8 and Windows 7 operating systems this year, said Jin Park, vice president of the IT solutions business at Samsung.
Microsoft, the world's largest software company, launched its new-look, touch-friendly Windows 8 earlier this year to grip customers' imagination, as it looks to regain ground lost to Apple Inc (AAPL.O) and Google Inc (GOOG.O) in mobile computing and shake up the moribund PC market.
(Reporting by Devidutta Tripathy; Editing by Sunil Nair)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 2-AT&T threatens to sit out U.S. spectrum auction over rules
- Hundreds of earthquakes strike central Idaho, rattling nerves
- UPDATE 3-Google misses revenue target, ad prices slide
- Ocean floor search for missing Malaysia plane cut short again
- US STOCKS-Wall St gains on Yellen comments and Yahoo; BofA falls
The troubles at BlackBerry Ltd , which fired more than half its staff and lost more than 90 percent of its market value as consumers shunned its smart phones, might have spelled disaster for the company’s hometown of Waterloo, Ontario. Instead, there are hot sports cars in the streets and new companies filling the refurbished office buildings. Full Article
Samsung executive says Galaxy S5 to outsell S4, sees Q2 rollout for Tizen phone. Full Article