BEIRUT At least 34 people were killed in explosions which struck the eastern Damascus district of Jaramana on Wednesday, state television said, quoting a source at the Interior Ministry.
It said 10 bags containing the remains of unidentified victims had also been collected. Eighty-three people were seriously wounded, it said.
(Reporting by Dominic Evans)
Trending On Reuters
Egypt's army said on Wednesday more than 100 militants and 17 soldiers were killed after simultaneous assaults on military checkpoints in North Sinai, in the deadliest fighting in years in the restive province. Full Article
- IAEA chief heads to Iran as nuclear talks reach last stretch
- Images show Chinese airstrip on man-made Spratly island nearly finished
- U.S., Cuba restoring diplomatic ties after 54 years
- "Wow, pulled back wrong throttle" - captain of crashed TransAsia plane
- In emails, Hillary's outside advisers pushed hawkish Afghan line
"Wow, pulled back wrong throttle" - captain of crashed TransAsia plane Full Article