BEIRUT At least 34 people were killed in explosions which struck the eastern Damascus district of Jaramana on Wednesday, state television said, quoting a source at the Interior Ministry.
It said 10 bags containing the remains of unidentified victims had also been collected. Eighty-three people were seriously wounded, it said.
(Reporting by Dominic Evans)
Trending On Reuters
Gunmen disguised as members of the Pakistani security forces killed at least 22 passengers on Friday night after forcing them off buses travelling from the western city of Quetta to Karachi on the southern coast, officials said. Full Article
- Myanmar lands seized migrant boat on island
- U.S. says China's island-building erodes security; Beijing angered
- U.S. and Iran address obstacles to nuclear deal as deadline nears
- China tells workplaces they must have Communist Party units
- Magnitude 8.5 quake strikes off eastern Japan, no tsunami danger or damage reports