Ford Fusion named Green Car of the Year
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - The Ford Motor Co's (F.N) Fusion was named Green Car of the Year at the Los Angeles Auto Show on Thursday, awarded by the Green Car Journal.
Judges indicated that the Fusion won in part because it offers outstanding fuel economy in three options - gasoline, hybrid and plug-in hybrid.
"This is a great testament to the transformation of our brand," said Dave Mondragon, general marketing manager of Ford, who accepted the award.
(Reporting By Nichola Groom in Los Angeles; Editing by maureen Bavdek)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Indian economy warms in after-glow of Modi's triumph
- In India, rice replaces ice in bucket challenge
- Tennis - Dream run over for Bellis as big guns advance
- UPDATE 2-Tragedy-hit Malaysia Airlines to lose 6,000 jobs in bold revamp
Apple Inc is working with Dutch chipmaker NXP Semiconductors NV to add secure near-field communications (NFC) technology into the next iPhone, which would enable the smartphone users to pay by touch, the Financial Times reported, citing people familiar with Apple's plans. Full Article
China's Tencent shuts messaging accounts after censorship rules - state media. Full Article