JERUSALEM Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu condemned Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas's strong critique of Israel in his speech at the United Nations on Thursday as "hostile and poisonous", and full of "false propaganda".
"These are not the words of a man who wants peace," Netanyahu also said in a statement released by his office after Abbas spoke at the General Assembly ahead of an expected vote to implicitly recognise Palestinian statehood despite the absence of a peace deal with Israel.
(Created by Allyn Fisher-Ilan)
Trending On Reuters
Malaysia is "almost certain" plane debris washed up on the Indian Ocean island of Reunion is part of a Boeing 777, its deputy transport minister said, heightening the possibility it could be wreckage from missing Flight MH370. Full Article
- Afghan Taliban name a new leader, but peace talks delayed
- Landslide near Nepal's popular Annapurna trek route kills 30
- After Russia U.N. veto, countries seek court for Flight MH17 prosecutions
- China to prosecute former top officer for graft
- U.S. agency probes possible legal violation in lion killing - source