Egypt suspends flights to Damascus over security
CAIRO (Reuters) - EgyptAir is suspending all its flights to Damascus because of the "deterioration of the security situation" around the airport, Egypt's official news agency reported on Thursday.
The next flight to the Syrian capital, which had been due to depart on Friday, would now not fly, the agency said.
(Reporting by Ali Abdelatti and Yasmine Saleh; Writing by Edmund Blair)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- China's Xiaomi hopes Mi 4 smartphone can take on Apple
- UPDATE 3-Rebels likely downed Malaysian jet 'by mistake' -U.S. officials
- Rebels likely downed Malaysian jet 'by mistake' - U.S. officials
- Analysis - Argentine default in balance as government refuses to capitulate
- Italy gives Google 18 months to change data use practices
Downing Of Flight MH17
The U.S. government believes that pro-Russian separatists most likely shot down a Malaysia Airlines jet "by mistake," not realizing it was a civilian passenger flight, U.S. intelligence officials said on Tuesday. Full Article | Video
Safety violations at McDonald's, Yum China supplier company-led - regulator Full Article