Egypt suspends flights to Damascus over security
CAIRO (Reuters) - EgyptAir is suspending all its flights to Damascus because of the "deterioration of the security situation" around the airport, Egypt's official news agency reported on Thursday.
The next flight to the Syrian capital, which had been due to depart on Friday, would now not fly, the agency said.
(Reporting by Ali Abdelatti and Yasmine Saleh; Writing by Edmund Blair)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Boxer Sarita Devi faces action after refusing medal at Asian Games
- Boxer Sarita Devi showed lack of sportsmanship, say organisers
- Loss of smell may be predictor of death in older adults - study
- Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital |
- Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital
Hong Kong's leader is willing to let pro-democracy demonstrations blocking large areas of the city go on for weeks if necessary, a source close to him said, while defiant protesters vowed they would not budge. Full Article | Video
Turkey vows to fight Islamic State, coalition strikes near border. Full Article
Israel's Netanyahu to Obama: Don't allow Iran deal that leaves it at nuclear threshold. Full Article