Egypt suspends flights to Damascus over security
CAIRO (Reuters) - EgyptAir is suspending all its flights to Damascus because of the "deterioration of the security situation" around the airport, Egypt's official news agency reported on Thursday.
The next flight to the Syrian capital, which had been due to depart on Friday, would now not fly, the agency said.
(Reporting by Ali Abdelatti and Yasmine Saleh; Writing by Edmund Blair)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- China should set lower 2015 GDP growth target of 6.5-7 pct - IMF
- One dead, one wounded in shooting in Chicago financial district
- Netanyahu vows to complete Gaza tunnels destruction
- U.S. says hopeful of WTO deal with India only hours before deadline
- UPDATE 3-Argentine assets drop after default, "credit event" in balance
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, facing international alarm over a rising civilian death toll in Gaza, said on Thursday he would not accept any ceasefire that stopped Israel completing the destruction of militants' infiltration tunnels. Full Article