Cipla gains on partner's contract win
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in drugmaker Cipla(CIPL.NS) rise 1.4 percent after Cipla Medpro CMPJ.J won a share in South Africa's $667 million contract, as it supplies the bulk of Cipla Medpro's drugs.
Dealers say the company may garner revenues of $30-40 million from Cipla Medpro's contract.
South Africa on Thursday awarded a $667 million contract to supply life-prolonging HIV medicine to 12 international and domestic firms, including Cipla Medpro, to deal with its biggest health problem.
Cipla also plans to offer $215 million for a majority stake in South Africa's Cipla Medpro to strengthen its presence in Africa's fast-growing market for cheap, generic versions of branded drugs.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Missing Air Algerie plane from Burkina Faso has crashed - Algerian official
- Taiwan launches inquiry into plane crash that killed 48
- Wipro sees strong sales growth, eyes Europe deals
- Honda's Mobilio car looks to repeat Indonesia success in India
- Exclusive - Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
India is set to offer Nepal a landmark pact to help develop its huge hydro-electric power potential as the South Asian giant takes another step to re-assert influence among smaller neighbours where China has been forging closer ties. Full Article