Former Prime Minister I.K. Gujral dies at 92
REUTERS - Former Prime Minister Inder Kumar Gujral died on Friday due to lung infection. He was 92.
"Shri Gujral was a man of peace, an idealist who lived by his principles and an intellectual with the human touch," Prime Minister Manmohan Singh said in his condolence message.
The former Congress member, who joined the Janata Dal in the 1980s, was admitted to hospital on November 19 due to chest infection.
He became the 12th prime minister of India in April 1997.
(Writing by David Lalmalsawma)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 4-Korea ferry businessman's body found next to book, alcohol bottles
- UPDATE 3-Comcast profit boosted by internet subscriber growth, NBC
- Italy gives Google 18 months to change data use practices
- Tamil girl accuses naval personnel of rape, Sri Lanka police say
- China's Xiaomi hopes Mi 4 smartphone can take on Apple
Consumer Confidence Index
More than half of consumers globally expect job prospects to be good to excellent in the year ahead, a survey showed on Tuesday. India overtook Indonesia as the most optimistic consumer market, while Portugal and Slovenia were the most pessimistic. Full Article
India keeps world guessing in countdown to landmark trade pact deadline. Full Article
Yahoo to buy analytics startup Flurry to bolster mobile ad business. Full Article