Former Prime Minister I.K. Gujral dies at 92
REUTERS - Former Prime Minister Inder Kumar Gujral died on Friday due to lung infection. He was 92.
"Shri Gujral was a man of peace, an idealist who lived by his principles and an intellectual with the human touch," Prime Minister Manmohan Singh said in his condolence message.
The former Congress member, who joined the Janata Dal in the 1980s, was admitted to hospital on November 19 due to chest infection.
He became the 12th prime minister of India in April 1997.
(Writing by David Lalmalsawma)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Alibaba surges 38 pct on massive demand in market debut
- PM Modi says al Qaeda will fail in India - CNN
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- French jets strike in Iraq, expanding U.S.-led campaign against Islamic State
- U.S. Fed's Fisher expects first rate hike in the spring - FBN
India has capped the prices of 36 drugs, including those used to treat infections and diabetes, in its latest move to make essential medicines more affordable, a senior official of the country's drug pricing authority told Reuters on Friday. Full Article
Top rice exporter India importing over 100,000 T on temporary supply squeeze. Full Article