Former Prime Minister I.K. Gujral dies at 92
REUTERS - Former Prime Minister Inder Kumar Gujral died on Friday due to lung infection. He was 92.
"Shri Gujral was a man of peace, an idealist who lived by his principles and an intellectual with the human touch," Prime Minister Manmohan Singh said in his condolence message.
The former Congress member, who joined the Janata Dal in the 1980s, was admitted to hospital on November 19 due to chest infection.
He became the 12th prime minister of India in April 1997.
(Writing by David Lalmalsawma)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Bighorn sheep escapes Los Angeles Zoo, dies after car strikes it
- U.S. plans to arm Iraq's Sunni tribesmen with AK-47s, RPGs, mortars
- China building South China Sea island big enough for airstrip - report
- Apple $450 mln e-book settlement gets final court approval
- Team mates will determine success of my captaincy - Kohli
India approved on Saturday the purchase of 814 mounted gun systems for the army at a cost of 157.5 billion rupees ($2.55 billion), a defence ministry spokesman said. Full Article