Former Prime Minister I.K. Gujral dies at 92
REUTERS - Former Prime Minister Inder Kumar Gujral died on Friday due to lung infection. He was 92.
"Shri Gujral was a man of peace, an idealist who lived by his principles and an intellectual with the human touch," Prime Minister Manmohan Singh said in his condolence message.
The former Congress member, who joined the Janata Dal in the 1980s, was admitted to hospital on November 19 due to chest infection.
He became the 12th prime minister of India in April 1997.
(Writing by David Lalmalsawma)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby
- Google launches new email service dubbed "Inbox"
- UPDATE 2-Divided U.S. SEC adopts mortgage rule, decries lax lending
- Drugmakers to join forces to make millions of Ebola vaccine doses
- Air strikes kill around 25 Islamic State fighters in Iraq - residents
India could allow commercial coal mining by foreign companies if they set up units in the country, opening the door for global giants like Rio Tinto to access the world's fifth largest coal reserves, a source familiar with the matter said. Full Article