Former Prime Minister I.K. Gujral dies at 92
REUTERS - Former Prime Minister Inder Kumar Gujral died on Friday due to lung infection. He was 92.
"Shri Gujral was a man of peace, an idealist who lived by his principles and an intellectual with the human touch," Prime Minister Manmohan Singh said in his condolence message.
The former Congress member, who joined the Janata Dal in the 1980s, was admitted to hospital on November 19 due to chest infection.
He became the 12th prime minister of India in April 1997.
(Writing by David Lalmalsawma)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Boxer Sarita Devi faces action after refusing medal at Asian Games
- Boxer Sarita Devi showed lack of sportsmanship, say organisers
- Loss of smell may be predictor of death in older adults - study
- Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital |
- Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital
India could run out of a critical medicine in its free HIV/AIDS drugs programme in three weeks due to bureaucratic bungling, a senior government official said, leaving more than 150,000 sufferers without life-saving drugs for about a month. Full Article