CPI for industrial workers for October at 9.6 pct
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - India's consumer price index (CPI) for industrial workers was at 9.6 percent in October, higher than an annual rise of 9.14 percent in September, government data showed on Friday.
The consumer price index for industrial workers rose by 2 points from the previous month to 217 in October, data released by the labour ministry showed.
The government uses CPI for industrial workers to fix wages for its employees.
India's statistics ministry separately releases annual inflation data based on the CPI every month. The annual consumer price inflation was 9.75 percent in October.
(Reporting by Manoj Kumar; Editing by Devidutta Tripathy)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. plans to arm Iraq's Sunni tribesmen with AK-47s, RPGs, mortars
- China building South China Sea island big enough for airstrip - report
- Bighorn sheep escapes Los Angeles Zoo, dies after car strikes it
- Apple $450 mln e-book settlement gets final court approval
- India approves $2.6 bln mounted gun purchase - official
India approved on Saturday the purchase of 814 mounted gun systems for the army at a cost of 157.5 billion rupees ($2.55 billion), a defence ministry spokesman said. Full Article