CPI for industrial workers for October at 9.6 pct
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - India's consumer price index (CPI) for industrial workers was at 9.6 percent in October, higher than an annual rise of 9.14 percent in September, government data showed on Friday.
The consumer price index for industrial workers rose by 2 points from the previous month to 217 in October, data released by the labour ministry showed.
The government uses CPI for industrial workers to fix wages for its employees.
India's statistics ministry separately releases annual inflation data based on the CPI every month. The annual consumer price inflation was 9.75 percent in October.
(Reporting by Manoj Kumar; Editing by Devidutta Tripathy)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast - source
- Rupee falls after sources say plan to join global debt index on hold
- UPDATE 5-GM hires law firms it works with to probe recall response
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack - sources
- India halts plan to join global bond indexes, defers Euroclear - sources
MISSING MALAYSIAN PLANE
Malaysia is probing if any passengers or crew aboard a missing airliner had personal or psychological problems that might explain its disappearance, along with the possibility of a hijack, sabotage or mechanical failure. Full Article