Oct infrastructure output up 6.5 percent
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - India's infrastructure sector output grew 6.5 percent in October from a year earlier, higher than a revised annual growth of 5 percent in the previous month, government data showed on Friday.
The infrastructure output for eight sectors - coal, crude oil, oil refinery, natural gas, steel, cement, electricity and fertilisers - grew at 3.7 percent in the April-October period from 4.3 percent a year earlier.
The infrastructure sector accounts for 37.9 percent of India's industrial output.
(Reporting by Manoj Kumar; Editing by Devidutta Tripathy)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Verizon profit misses expectations, shares fall
- UPDATE 4-Zimmer to buy Biomet for $13.35 bln in latest consolidation
- UPDATE 4-Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together
- Japan's NTT Docomo to exit Indian market - Nikkei
- UPDATE 2-U.S. proposal would ban e-cigarette sales to minors, allow advertising
India may cede top rice exporter spot under Southeast Asian price onslaught. Full Article