Oct infrastructure output up 6.5 percent
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - India's infrastructure sector output grew 6.5 percent in October from a year earlier, higher than a revised annual growth of 5 percent in the previous month, government data showed on Friday.
The infrastructure output for eight sectors - coal, crude oil, oil refinery, natural gas, steel, cement, electricity and fertilisers - grew at 3.7 percent in the April-October period from 4.3 percent a year earlier.
The infrastructure sector accounts for 37.9 percent of India's industrial output.
(Reporting by Manoj Kumar; Editing by Devidutta Tripathy)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Canada's parliament attacked near where PM Harper was speaking
- Google launches new email service dubbed "Inbox"
- UPDATE 2-Divided U.S. SEC adopts mortgage rule, decries lax lending
- Drugmakers to join forces to make millions of Ebola vaccine doses
- Air strikes kill around 25 Islamic State fighters in Iraq - residents
India could allow commercial coal mining by foreign companies if they set up units in the country, opening the door for global giants like Rio Tinto to access the world's fifth largest coal reserves, a source familiar with the matter said. Full Article