Oct infrastructure output up 6.5 percent
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - India's infrastructure sector output grew 6.5 percent in October from a year earlier, higher than a revised annual growth of 5 percent in the previous month, government data showed on Friday.
The infrastructure output for eight sectors - coal, crude oil, oil refinery, natural gas, steel, cement, electricity and fertilisers - grew at 3.7 percent in the April-October period from 4.3 percent a year earlier.
The infrastructure sector accounts for 37.9 percent of India's industrial output.
(Reporting by Manoj Kumar; Editing by Devidutta Tripathy)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack - sources
- UPDATE 2-Snowden: Proposed NSA reforms vindicate my data leaks
- UPDATE 5-GM hires law firms it works with to probe recall response
- Snowden: Proposed NSA reforms vindicate my data leaks |
- CANADA STOCKS-TSX steady as rising banks offset dip in miners
Investigators in Malaysia are voicing skepticism that the airliner that disappeared early Saturday with 239 people on board was the target of an attack, U.S. and European government sources close to the probe said. Article