Morgan Stanley raises India's FY13 GDP forecast
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Morgan Stanley has raised India's FY13 GDP growth forecast to 5.4 percent from 5.1 percent, citing better-than-expected GDP growth for the September quarter and also the stabilization in non-agriculture growth indicators.
India's economy grew 5.3 percent from a year earlier in the July-September period, provisional GDP data showed on Friday.
The investment bank also said it thinks non-agriculture GDP growth has bottomed.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi; Editing by Jijo Jacob)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 4-Putin to pardon jailed tycoon Khodorkovsky
- Woman jailed in Dubai after reporting rape hopes to warn others
- UPDATE 5-Target cyber breach hits 40 mln payment cards at holiday peak
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- UPDATE 2-U.S. senators make move toward more sanctions on Iran
A senior U.S. official called India's foreign secretary on Thursday in another attempt by Washington to tamp down the furor in India over the arrest and treatment of one of its diplomats in New York. Full Article