Jet Airways shares surge on report of stake sale
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Shares in Jet Airways(JET.NS) rose over 7 percent on a report in Mint newspaper that the airline will soon seek regulatory approval to tweak its ownership pattern to facilitate a stake sale to Etihad Airways.
The gains on Monday come on the back of a 57 percent rise in the carrier's shares in November on speculation over a deal with Etihad Airways.
Rival SpiceJet Ltd (SPJT.BO) shares were also up 6 percent.
Jet Airways and SpiceJet, battling hot competition and high operating costs, are in talks to sell minority stakes to foreign investors, said a senior Indian government official with knowledge of the discussions.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 5-GM to drop Chevy brand in Europe to focus on Opel
- Google's mystery barge in San Francisco Bay under investigation
- South Africa, world mourn "giant for justice" Mandela
- UPDATE 3-Gunmen kill U.S. teacher in Libya's Benghazi
- Delhi's rubble-strewn Connaught Place mirrors Congress' election struggle
The BSE Sensex rose more than 1 percent on Thursday to its highest close in a month as stocks of blue chip companies such as ICICI Bank surged after exit polls predicted a strong showing for the key opposition party in state elections held recently. Full Article