Jet Airways shares surge on report of stake sale
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Shares in Jet Airways(JET.NS) rose over 7 percent on a report in Mint newspaper that the airline will soon seek regulatory approval to tweak its ownership pattern to facilitate a stake sale to Etihad Airways.
The gains on Monday come on the back of a 57 percent rise in the carrier's shares in November on speculation over a deal with Etihad Airways.
Rival SpiceJet Ltd (SPJT.BO) shares were also up 6 percent.
Jet Airways and SpiceJet, battling hot competition and high operating costs, are in talks to sell minority stakes to foreign investors, said a senior Indian government official with knowledge of the discussions.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- NTT DoCoMo to exit India, unload entire stake in Tata Teleservices - sources
- UPDATE 3-Apple, Google agree to settle lawsuit alleging hiring conspiracy
- Apple, Google agree to settle antitrust lawsuit over hiring deals-filing
- UPDATE 2-FCC pushes back against criticism over Internet traffic plan
- Apple, Google agree to pay over $300 million to settle conspiracy lawsuit
India may cede top rice exporter spot under Southeast Asian price onslaught. Full Article