Jet Airways shares surge on report of stake sale
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Shares in Jet Airways(JET.NS) rose over 7 percent on a report in Mint newspaper that the airline will soon seek regulatory approval to tweak its ownership pattern to facilitate a stake sale to Etihad Airways.
The gains on Monday come on the back of a 57 percent rise in the carrier's shares in November on speculation over a deal with Etihad Airways.
Rival SpiceJet Ltd (SPJT.BO) shares were also up 6 percent.
Jet Airways and SpiceJet, battling hot competition and high operating costs, are in talks to sell minority stakes to foreign investors, said a senior Indian government official with knowledge of the discussions.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 8-Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts
- UPDATE 3-Comcast profit boosted by internet subscriber growth, NBC
- Italy gives Google 18 months to change data use practices
- China's Xiaomi hopes Mi 4 smartphone can take on Apple
- Harley-Davidson, a U.S. icon, highlights offshoring's perils
Supreme Court could allow Sahara boss to conduct asset sale talks, company says. Full Article