Euro rises to 6-week high, dollar index at 1-month low
LONDON Dec 3 (Reuters) - The euro rose to a six-week high against the dollar on Monday as investors unwound short bets on falling peripheral euro zone bond yields and on signs Germany may be open to a Greek debt write-down.
The euro's gains drove the dollar index to a one-month low of 79.918, down 0.3 percent on the day.
The euro rose to $1.3049 on trading platform EBS with offers cited above $1.3050/60.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-Apple sells more than 10 mln new iPhones in first 3 days
- Modi to observe strict fast during maiden trip to U.S.
- Apple sells more than 10 mln new iPhones in first 3 days
- Russia's Putin looking at cooperation to fight Islamic State - agency
- India's Mars mission a step closer to success with engine test
The finance ministry is increasingly optimistic that it can meet a tough fiscal deficit target, helped by a 12 percent decline in global crude oil prices since Prime Minister Narendra Modi took charge in May. Full Article