Maruti, M&M up on November vehicle sales
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Maruti Suzuki India Ltd(MRTI.NS) and Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd gained on strong November vehicle sales.
Maruti's November vehicle sales grew 12.5 percent on year to 103,200 units, sustaining the recovery in sales witnessed in October.
Dispatches rose on the back of festive demand, particularly for diesel vehicles and higher exports, brokerage Anandrathi said in a note.
Mahindra & Mahindra reported a 18 percent rise in November sales to 48,143 vehicles and continued on a strong trajectory, boosted by new launches and a large diesel portfolio, the brokerage added.
Maruti shares rose 1.1 percent at 1,491 rupees, while Mahindra & Mahindra shares gained 1.2 percent at 958 rupees.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Pakistani family sentenced to death over "honour killing" outside court
- Obama announces action on sweeping U.S. immigration reform
- Tears, smiles in Nevada over U.S. immigration reform some call bittersweet
- Modi's divide and rule weakens Coal India unions as strike looms
- Kotak bank buys ING Vysya in record $2.4 billion share deal
A Different Past
Indians were flying aeroplanes and may even have been using cosmic weapons 5,000 years ago, according to Y. Sudershan Rao, the chairman of Indian Council of Historical Research. The BJP appointed Rao to the academic post soon after winning the general election, fuelling concerns of a push to teach the superiority of Hindu values and mythology at the cost of academic rigour. Full Article