Maruti, M&M up on November vehicle sales
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Maruti Suzuki India Ltd(MRTI.NS) and Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd gained on strong November vehicle sales.
Maruti's November vehicle sales grew 12.5 percent on year to 103,200 units, sustaining the recovery in sales witnessed in October.
Dispatches rose on the back of festive demand, particularly for diesel vehicles and higher exports, brokerage Anandrathi said in a note.
Mahindra & Mahindra reported a 18 percent rise in November sales to 48,143 vehicles and continued on a strong trajectory, boosted by new launches and a large diesel portfolio, the brokerage added.
Maruti shares rose 1.1 percent at 1,491 rupees, while Mahindra & Mahindra shares gained 1.2 percent at 958 rupees.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-Time Warner Cable suffers major outage; New York launches probe
- UPDATE 3-Ebola causing huge damage to W.Africa economies- development bank
- Modi eyes breakthrough nuclear pact on Japan trip
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
Jan Dhan Yojana
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will promise on Thursday to provide a bank account for every Indian household when he launches a major initiative that could save billions of dollars in welfare spending and help mend strained state finances. Full Article