Maruti, M&M up on November vehicle sales
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Maruti Suzuki India Ltd(MRTI.NS) and Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd gained on strong November vehicle sales.
Maruti's November vehicle sales grew 12.5 percent on year to 103,200 units, sustaining the recovery in sales witnessed in October.
Dispatches rose on the back of festive demand, particularly for diesel vehicles and higher exports, brokerage Anandrathi said in a note.
Mahindra & Mahindra reported a 18 percent rise in November sales to 48,143 vehicles and continued on a strong trajectory, boosted by new launches and a large diesel portfolio, the brokerage added.
Maruti shares rose 1.1 percent at 1,491 rupees, while Mahindra & Mahindra shares gained 1.2 percent at 958 rupees.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Iran hangs woman convicted of killing alleged rapist
- Google's Pichai to oversee major products and services
- UPDATE 1-UK's Labour suffers setback as leader in Scotland quits
- India picks Israel's Spike anti-tank missile over U.S. Javelin - source
- Modi takes tea, but no questions, in first press event as PM
The latest Reuters poll of 20 economists taken over the past week shows Asia's third-largest economy will likely grow 5.5 percent this fiscal year and 6.4 percent the next, slightly better than 5.3 percent and 6.3 percent expected in the July poll. Full Article
Euro zone risks "relapse into recession" without structural reforms - Draghi. Full Article
Kalki Koechlin on her role as a disabled girl in “Margarita, With a Straw” Full Article