Maruti, M&M up on November vehicle sales
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Maruti Suzuki India Ltd(MRTI.NS) and Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd gained on strong November vehicle sales.
Maruti's November vehicle sales grew 12.5 percent on year to 103,200 units, sustaining the recovery in sales witnessed in October.
Dispatches rose on the back of festive demand, particularly for diesel vehicles and higher exports, brokerage Anandrathi said in a note.
Mahindra & Mahindra reported a 18 percent rise in November sales to 48,143 vehicles and continued on a strong trajectory, boosted by new launches and a large diesel portfolio, the brokerage added.
Maruti shares rose 1.1 percent at 1,491 rupees, while Mahindra & Mahindra shares gained 1.2 percent at 958 rupees.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Kerry presses India on global trade deal as deadline looms
- Gaza toll soars as Israel "days" from completing tunnel hunt
- HCL Tech Q4 dollar revenue disappoints investors, shares fall
- China should set lower 2015 GDP growth target of 6.5-7 pct - IMF
- Some WTO members discussing customs deal without India - sources
Maruti Suzuki India, India's biggest carmaker, reported a 21 percent rise in first-quarter net profit, beating estimates, as early signs of an economic revival boosted sales. Full Article