Maruti, M&M up on November vehicle sales
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Maruti Suzuki India Ltd(MRTI.NS) and Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd gained on strong November vehicle sales.
Maruti's November vehicle sales grew 12.5 percent on year to 103,200 units, sustaining the recovery in sales witnessed in October.
Dispatches rose on the back of festive demand, particularly for diesel vehicles and higher exports, brokerage Anandrathi said in a note.
Mahindra & Mahindra reported a 18 percent rise in November sales to 48,143 vehicles and continued on a strong trajectory, boosted by new launches and a large diesel portfolio, the brokerage added.
Maruti shares rose 1.1 percent at 1,491 rupees, while Mahindra & Mahindra shares gained 1.2 percent at 958 rupees.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Oil falls below $86 as oversupply, global economy worries weigh
- Indiana police charge suspect who may have killed for decades
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow business jet accident
- California woman gets stuck in chimney trying to sneak into home
- UPDATE 2-Texas investor Sam Wyly files for bankruptcy after losing SEC fraud case
India promised on Monday to open up the coal industry to private players and moved closer to selling a stake in a state-run oil company, as Prime Minister Narendra Modi picked up the pace on economic reform days after relaxing fuel price controls. Full Article
Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow plane accident - airport spokeswoman. Full Article