Drug Safety Settlement
Japanese drugmaker Daiichi Sankyo Co, which bought control of Ranbaxy Laboratories in 2008, said it believes unnamed former shareholders of the company hid information regarding U.S. regulatory probes into Ranbaxy. Full Article
- Soldier hacked to death in London in suspected Islamist attack
- FBI says man shot dead while being questioned about Boston bombings
- Short story writer Lydia Davis wins Man Booker International fiction prize
- Sreesanth says did not indulge in spot-fixing
- Daiichi Sankyo says it was misled over Ranbaxy probes
Confused while buying stocks? Get buy, sell or hold recommendations from VantageTrade. Full Coverage
Spain makes formal request for EU bank aid
MADRID (Reuters) - Spain on Monday requested formally the disbursement of 39.5 billion euros of European funds to recapitalise its crippled banking sector, the Economy Ministry said in a statement.
The money - 37 billion euros for the four nationalised banks Bankia (BKIA.MC), Catalunya Banc, NCG Banco and Banco de Valencia (BVA.MC) and 2.5 billion euros for the so-called "bad bank" - should be paid to the state's banking fund FROB around December 12, it added.
Euro zone finance ministers are expected to approve the disbursement later on Monday when they meet in Brussels for their monthly meeting.
(Reporting By Jesús Aguado; Editing by Julien Toyer)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this