Four Athens Olympic athletes lose medals over doping - IOC
LAUSANNE, Switzerland (Reuters) - Four 2004 Athens Olympic medallists, including Ukraine's shot put gold medallist Yuriy Bilonog, have been stripped of their medals after re-tested samples from eight years ago were positive, the IOC said on Wednesday.
The other athletes are women's shot putter Svetlana Krivelyova of Russia, discus thrower Irina Yatchenko of Belarus and Belarussian hammer thrower Ivan Tsikhan who lost his silver medal.
(Reporting by Karolos Grohmann, editing by Ed Osmond)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Three major nations absent as China launches W.Bank rival in Asia
- Gold sales jump about 20 pct for Diwali - trade body
- Special Report: Why Madrid's poor fear Goldman Sachs and Blackstone
- China's Xiaomi shifts some smartphone user data out of Beijing on privacy concerns
- ISL probes allegation of assault on Pires
The Indian Super League (ISL) said on Friday it is looking into allegation that former France midfielder Robert Pires was punched in the face by an opposition coach during a halftime altercation in Thursday's match in Goa. Full Article