Four Athens Olympic athletes lose medals over doping - IOC
LAUSANNE, Switzerland (Reuters) - Four 2004 Athens Olympic medallists, including Ukraine's shot put gold medallist Yuriy Bilonog, have been stripped of their medals after re-tested samples from eight years ago were positive, the IOC said on Wednesday.
The other athletes are women's shot putter Svetlana Krivelyova of Russia, discus thrower Irina Yatchenko of Belarus and Belarussian hammer thrower Ivan Tsikhan who lost his silver medal.
(Reporting by Karolos Grohmann, editing by Ed Osmond)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- China's Xiaomi hopes Mi 4 smartphone can take on Apple
- Rebels likely downed Malaysian jet 'by mistake' - U.S. officials
- Nifty hits record high on foreign buying, higher Asian stocks
- Jet Airways chairman says looking to restructure debts, talking to bankers
- Italy gives Google 18 months to change data use practices
Malaysia has launched an appeal to Commonwealth Games organisers to have rifle shooter Nur Ayuni Farhana Abdul Halim reinstated in the competition after she was withdrawn because her jacket was lost en route to Scotland. Read