Four Athens Olympic athletes lose medals over doping - IOC
LAUSANNE, Switzerland (Reuters) - Four 2004 Athens Olympic medallists, including Ukraine's shot put gold medallist Yuriy Bilonog, have been stripped of their medals after re-tested samples from eight years ago were positive, the IOC said on Wednesday.
The other athletes are women's shot putter Svetlana Krivelyova of Russia, discus thrower Irina Yatchenko of Belarus and Belarussian hammer thrower Ivan Tsikhan who lost his silver medal.
(Reporting by Karolos Grohmann, editing by Ed Osmond)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Modi eyes breakthrough nuclear pact on Japan trip
- India Inc happy with Modi, but holding back on investment: poll
- Modi to launch plan for every Indian household to have bank account
- U.S. seeks coalition against Islamic State, but military partners no sure bet
England captain Alastair Cook's misery over his side's one-day humbling at the hands of India was compounded on Thursday when he was fined 20 percent of his match fee for a slow over rate. Full Article