Four Athens Olympic athletes lose medals over doping - IOC
LAUSANNE, Switzerland (Reuters) - Four 2004 Athens Olympic medallists, including Ukraine's shot put gold medallist Yuriy Bilonog, have been stripped of their medals after re-tested samples from eight years ago were positive, the IOC said on Wednesday.
The other athletes are women's shot putter Svetlana Krivelyova of Russia, discus thrower Irina Yatchenko of Belarus and Belarussian hammer thrower Ivan Tsikhan who lost his silver medal.
(Reporting by Karolos Grohmann, editing by Ed Osmond)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Storm to cloak Midwest to Northeast in snow, freezing rain
- Insight - In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes
- UPDATE 3-In landmark for EU, Ireland leaves its bailout behind
- UPDATE 1-Would-be millionaires rush into 2nd-largest U.S. Mega Millions drawing
- UPDATE 2-Canada household debt-to-income ratio hits record high
India will go into next week's first test against South Africa with no preparation time in the middle after their only warm-up fixture against an Invitational XI was abandoned without a ball being bowled. Full Article