Dollar extends gains vs yen after U.S. data
NEW YORK Dec 5 (Reuters) - The dollar gained versus the yen on Wednesday after data showed the pace of growth in the U.S. services sector increased more than expected in November.
The dollar rose as high as 82.19 yen after the data, compared with 82.09 earlier. It was last at 82.16 yen, up 0.3 percent on the day.
Separate data showed new orders received by U.S. factories unexpectedly rose in October.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 2-Girl who fatally shot Arizona gun instructor said weapon was too powerful
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- 100 days of Modi: Good for business, not so good for marginalised groups
- Comedian Joan Rivers still on life support - daughter
- Celebrity hacking clouds Apple's upcoming product launch
100 days of Modi: Good for business, not so good for marginalised groups. Full Article