CORRECTED - S&P cuts Greece's long-term debt rating to 'selective default'
(Corrects prior level of Greece's rating CCC from C)
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Standard & Poor's on Wednesday cut Greece's sovereign long-term foreign currency credit rating to "selective default" from an already low "CCC" rating.
Last week Greece and its international lenders reached a deal to lower the country's debt burden, which included a debt buyback. (Reporting by U.S. Treasury Desk)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-Heineken confirms, rebuffs SABMiller bid
- Wall St Week Ahead - Fed change unlikely to blunt equities' appeal over bonds
- NATO countries have begun arms deliveries to Ukraine - defence minister
- North Korea sentences US citizen Matthew Miller to six years hard labour
- British queen urges Scots to 'think carefully' on independence vote