CORRECTED - S&P cuts Greece's long-term debt rating to 'selective default'
(Corrects prior level of Greece's rating CCC from C)
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Standard & Poor's on Wednesday cut Greece's sovereign long-term foreign currency credit rating to "selective default" from an already low "CCC" rating.
Last week Greece and its international lenders reached a deal to lower the country's debt burden, which included a debt buyback. (Reporting by U.S. Treasury Desk)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Captain of Korean ferry may not have been on bridge
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength
- Ex-Goldman director Gupta starts prison term on June 17
- S.Korea ferry captain rushed back to bridge as ship listed - crewman
- Acid attack survivor wins millions on 'Kaun Banega Crorepati'
The Election Commission has lifted a ban on a top aide of Hindu nationalist opposition leader Narendra Modi that had threatened to hobble his efforts to win votes in the country's most populous state. Full Article | Full Coverage