CORRECTED - S&P cuts Greece's long-term debt rating to 'selective default'
(Corrects prior level of Greece's rating CCC from C)
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Standard & Poor's on Wednesday cut Greece's sovereign long-term foreign currency credit rating to "selective default" from an already low "CCC" rating.
Last week Greece and its international lenders reached a deal to lower the country's debt burden, which included a debt buyback. (Reporting by U.S. Treasury Desk)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 2-Soccer-English premier league results and standings
- Exit polls see gains for BJP in state elections
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together" - police
- UPDATE 7-Soccer-English premier league top scorers
The World Trade Organization reached its first ever trade reform deal on Saturday to the roar of approval from nearly 160 ministers who had gathered on the Indonesian island of Bali to decide on the make-or-break agreement that could add $1 trillion to the global economy. Full Article