Khazanah launches up to $360 million stake sale in AIA: IFR
HONG KONG (Reuters) - Malaysia's state investor Khazanah Nasional Bhd KHAZA.UL launched on Wednesday an up to $360 million offering of shares in AIA Group (1299.HK), IFR reported, citing a term sheet of the transaction.
Khazanah, through its Mount Swettenham Investments unit, is offering 92.35 million AIA shares in a range of HK$29.84-HK$30.20 each, equivalent to a discount of up to 1.2 percent to Wednesday's close, added IFR, a Thomson Reuters publication.
The selldown comes ahead of the expiration of a lockup on AIA shares by American International Group (AIG.N) this week, when the U.S. insurer will be free to sell a stake worth $6.4 billion at current market prices.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch was hired as sole bookrunner on the AIA stake sale.
(Reporting by Fiona Lau of IFR and Elzio Barreto; Additional reporting by Clement Tan; Editing by Muralikumar Anantharaman)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 2-Concordia finally heads for scrapyard after massive salvage operation
- Facebook beats Wall Street targets, stock hits record high |
- Seven arrests made in $1.6 million StubHub cyberfraud case |
- UPDATE 3-Seven arrested internationally in $1.6 million StubHub fraud
- UPDATE 3-Ex-Jefferies trader gets 2 years in prison in fraud case