Retail shares gain after favourable FDI vote
Reuters Market Eye - Retail shares rose after the government won a vote on allowing foreign supermarkets to operate in multi-brand retail.
Shares in Pantaloon Retail PART.NS rose 2 percent to its highest in over a year. India's top retailer has surged 61.23 percent since September 14, when the government approved 51 percent FDI in multi-brand retail.
Shoppers Stop (SHOP.NS), which operates the Hypercity retail chain, rose 4 percent. The stock has gained 32.1 percent since the reform move was announced.
Trent (TREN.NS) rose 0.6 percent while CESC was up 0.2 percent.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast - source
- Rupee retreats from 7-month high as shares fall
- India halts plan to join global bond indexes, defers Euroclear - sources
- WRAPUP 4-Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast-source
- Exports fall in February, may miss annual target
MISSING MALAYSIAN PLANE
Malaysia is probing if any passengers or crew aboard a missing airliner had personal or psychological problems that might explain its disappearance, along with the possibility of a hijack, sabotage or mechanical failure. Full Article