Rupee could rise to 52/dollar by end-2013: Credit Agricole
Reuters Market Eye - Rupee could rise to 52 per dollar by end of 2013 and is Credit Agricole's top pick among the emerging markets, it says in a note.
The government winning the vote on foreign direct investment in multibrand retail will continue to help the rupee despite questions on whether the reform will be approved by the upper house and concerns about its implementation.
"The government's victory is a good sign of its ability to push through other reforms," the bank says.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- More quakes jolt Iceland overnight, spread to second volcano
- Modi slams whispering campaign against Rajnath Singh
- Pakistan's prime minister resolved to ride out protests crisis
- India's coal crunch - a chance to revamp, reallocate and revive
COAL BLOCK ALLOCATIONS
A Supreme Court ruling this week that India's decades-old method of granting coal mining concessions is illegal could herald much-needed reforms in a sector long dogged by the inability of state-run Coal India to raise output fast enough. Read
Kleiner to invest in messaging startup Snapchat at near-$10 bln valuation - report. Full Article