Rupee could rise to 52/dollar by end-2013: Credit Agricole
Reuters Market Eye - Rupee could rise to 52 per dollar by end of 2013 and is Credit Agricole's top pick among the emerging markets, it says in a note.
The government winning the vote on foreign direct investment in multibrand retail will continue to help the rupee despite questions on whether the reform will be approved by the upper house and concerns about its implementation.
"The government's victory is a good sign of its ability to push through other reforms," the bank says.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- China building South China Sea island big enough for airstrip - report
- China's rate-cut likely to hurt banks, curb new loans to small borrowers
- Pakistani family sentenced to death over "honour killing" outside court
- Hitler watercolour fetches 130,000 euros at Nuremberg auction
- Obama to be chief guest at Republic Day celebrations
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has a long list of pro-growth measures to implement over the next four months, but time may have already run out to breathe enough life into the economy to meet the tough 2014/15 fiscal deficit target without cuts. Article