BEIRUT An explosion in front of the Damascus headquarters for the Syrian Arab Red Crescent (SARC) killed at least one person on Thursday, Syrian state television said.
Syria TV said "terrorists from al Qaeda" blew up an improvised explosive device in a car, causing damage to the SARC building. State media often refers to the rebels trying to topple President Bashar al-Assad as al Qaeda terrorists.
The Syrian Arab Red Crescent has come under fire several times, and members accuse both the government and Syrian rebels of attacks. (Reporting by Erika Solomon; editing by Patrick Graham)
Trending On Reuters
Southeast Asian nations agreed on Friday to intensify search and rescue efforts to help vulnerable "boat people" stranded in the region's seas, as Myanmar said its navy had seized a vessel off its coast with more than 700 migrants aboard. Full Article
- Islamic State settles into Ramadi, but the lull unlikely to last
- Japanese island to be evacuated after volcano erupts
- Islamic State suicide bomber in women's garb kills three in Saudi Arabia
- Civilians emerge as pawns in South China Sea legal chess game
- New Nigerian president seeks to crush "godless" Boko Haram
Virtual reality film aims to raise funds by giving Nepal quake experience Full Article