Blast hits Syrian Red Crescent HQ in capital - Syria TV
BEIRUT (Reuters) - An explosion in front of the Damascus headquarters for the Syrian Arab Red Crescent (SARC) killed at least one person on Thursday, Syrian state television said.
Syria TV said "terrorists from al Qaeda" blew up an improvised explosive device in a car, causing damage to the SARC building. State media often refers to the rebels trying to topple President Bashar al-Assad as al Qaeda terrorists.
The Syrian Arab Red Crescent has come under fire several times, and members accuse both the government and Syrian rebels of attacks. (Reporting by Erika Solomon; editing by Patrick Graham)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote but demand new powers
- PM Modi says al Qaeda will fail in India - CNN
- India TV anchor's number is up after naming China's Xi 'Eleven'
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 2-SAP agrees to buy expense software maker Concur for $7.3 bln
- China not warlike, says Xi, as border standoff dominates India trip
Scotland spurned independence in a historic referendum that threatened to rip the United Kingdom apart, sow financial turmoil and diminish Britain’s remaining global clout. Full Article
- Cheers and tears from winners and losers in Scotland referendum
- EU relief at Scotland's "no" tinged with fear of nationalism
- British PM Cameron says Scottish independence issue settled "for a generation"
- Spanish leaders relieved as Scottish 'no' deals blow to Catalan separatists
- Scotland’s referendum stirs Kashmiri demands for vote on future
China separatism trial of Muslim scholar ends, verdict next week - lawyer . Full Article