Cannes film festival
Indian movie actors and a new wave of directors are on a mission at the Cannes film festival - to show that their industry, which turns 100 this year, is more than just Bollywood. Full Article
- Winning ticket for $590.5 million Powerball lottery sold in Florida
- Weakened Congress wondering if early elections will help
- Indian cinema on a mission at Cannes to dispel Bollywood image
- Pakistan: senior PTI leader Zara Shahid Hussain killed
- S.Africa minister accuses Indian High Commission official in Gupta scandal
Austrian bus driver returns half a million dollars found in bag
VIENNA (Reuters) - A Vienna bus driver who found a bag with 390,000 euros ($509,700) in cash inside handed the money over to police, who tracked down the elderly woman who had inexplicably left her fortune behind.
The driver, identified by the Vienna transport authority only as Wolfgang R, was inspecting his vehicle at the end of the line when he found the bag in a seat behind the driver's.
"At first I thought it was shopping or medicine," the Krone newspaper quoted him as saying. However, when he opened the bag he found a collection of 500-euro notes staring back at him.
Police in the Austrian capital used a bank deposit slip inside the bag to trace the owner. There was no word on whether the woman had given the honest driver a reward.
($1 = 0.7652 euros)
(Reporting by Michael Shields; Editing by Andrew Osborn)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this