Blackstone drops bid for $1.5 billion Ingham Chicken: WSJ
HONG KONG (Reuters) - Blackstone Group (BX.N) has dropped out of the bidding for Ingham Chickens as the asking price for Australia's largest chicken producer was too high, the Wall Street Journal reported on Thursday citing sources.
Ingham, wholly owned by Bob Ingham, was seeking a valuation of around A$1.4 billion ($1.5 billion).
Investec had been appointed to run the sales process.
Blackstone and Investec were not available to comment.
(Reporting by Stephen Aldred; Editing by Dan Lalor)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Indian diplomat Khobragade was strip-searched after arrest in U.S
- UPDATE 5-U.S.'s Kerry expresses regret to India over diplomat case
- PRECIOUS-Gold drops in volatile trade after Fed says to cut stimulus
- India trims perks for U.S. staff in dispute over envoy's New York arrest
- UPDATE 2-"Great Train Robber" Ronnie Biggs dies aged 84