Renault-Nissan deal with AvtoVAZ expected next week: sources
MOSCOW (Reuters) - Auto alliance Renault-Nissan's (RENA.PA) (7201.T) $750-million deal to buy control of Lada maker OAO AvtoVAZ (AVAZ.MM) is expected to be signed next week, two sources close to the Russian company said on Thursday.
The deal to expand in the growing Russian car market was agreed in May. The companies said at the time that the deal would be finalized later this year and not implemented until 2014.
AvtoVAZ and Renault declined comment.
(Reporting By Gleb Stolyarov; writing by Megan Davies; Editing by Lidia Kelly)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Government urges court to leave some coal blocks with companies
- Japan and India vow to boost defence ties during summit
- Federer marches on as wild weather, upsets hit U.S. Open
- Pakistani protesters clash with police, soldiers secure state TV