Govt to infuse 20 billion rupees into Air India
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - India will infuse 20 billion rupees in equity into ailing state-run carrier Air India as part of a turnaround and financial restructuring plan, a government statement said on Friday.
Last year, the government approved a $5.8 billion bailout plan for the national carrier. The latest equity infusion is part of that plan.
(Reporting by Manoj Kumar; Editing by Anand Basu)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength
- UPDATE 3-Soccer-English premier league results and standings
- Mourinho thanks officials after contentious penalty sinks Chelsea
- Surrender talks set with separatists in Ukraine as standoff lasts into Easter
- Malaysian plane search in 44th day, sea bed scans could end in days
Nitin Gadkari, former president of the Bharatiya Janata Party and a member of the BJP’s manifesto committee, speaks to Reuters. Here are the edited excerpts. Full Article
Turning smog into jewels - a Dutch designer's solution to Beijing's pollution. Video