Govt to infuse 20 billion rupees into Air India
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - India will infuse 20 billion rupees in equity into ailing state-run carrier Air India as part of a turnaround and financial restructuring plan, a government statement said on Friday.
Last year, the government approved a $5.8 billion bailout plan for the national carrier. The latest equity infusion is part of that plan.
(Reporting by Manoj Kumar; Editing by Anand Basu)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Alabama man claims penis was amputated by mistake
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane
- REFILE-Minnesota man asked to leave Southwest flight after critical tweet
- UPDATE 7-French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane
- Iraq elects president as Ban urges unity to save nation
India blocked an agreement on new global customs rules on Thursday, angering fellow members of the World Trade Organization who say Delhi's veto could be costly, economically and politically. Full Article