UK's Kate and William "saddened" by nurse's death
LONDON (Reuters) - Britain's Prince William and his wife Kate said on Friday they were "deeply saddened" by the death of a nurse who fell victim to a prank call from an Australian radio station seeking details of the duchess's condition while she was in hospital for morning sickness.
The King Edward VII hospital earlier confirmed the death of the nurse, Jacinda Saldanha.
"Their Royal Highnesses were looked after so wonderfully well at all times by everybody at King Edward VII Hospital, and their thoughts and prayers are with Jacintha Saldanha's family, friends and colleagues at this very sad time," said a statement from William's office.
(Reporting by Tim Castle; editing by Stephen Addison)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- E-tailer Flipkart raises $1 billion in funding
- Citi to hire 100 bankers in Asia, eyes more business from smaller clients
- Israel strikes house of Hamas Gaza leader, digs in for long fight
- Cricket - Moeen probed after sporting 'Save Gaza' wristbands
- With PlayStation network, Sony goes back to the future in search of revival
French film director Luc Besson was over $5 million richer on Monday after his film "Lucy" starring Scarlett Johansson as a woman with a super-powered brain topped the North American box office at the weekend. Full Article