Are Indian equities most vulnerable among BRICs?
Reuters Market Eye - Has the liquidity-driven outperformance of Indian shares among BRIC markets this year run its course? Some market participants argue that the reform optimism-led buying may give way to a technical correction.
The BSE Sensex rose 26.1 percent in 2012 as of Thursday's close, outperforming all its peers among the BRIC nations.
For graphic, click link.reuters.com/quj54t
Optimism around reform measures by the Indian government has been rewarded by foreign portfolio flows of $20.51 billion this year, but on the flip side, equities have now started looking overbought to some based on technical analysis indicators, dealers say.
The Sensex is trading in the "overbought" territory, with its 14-day relative strength index above 70 for the sixth day.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Israel intensifies Gaza assault, Egyptians revise truce plan
- Obama says strains over Ukraine not leading to new Cold War with Russia
- Chinese police shoot dead dozens after attack in Xinjiang
- In rare move, Canada accuses Chinese of trying to hack govt network
- L&T earnings raise 'multiple red flags' - Citi; stock slumps
Up to 150 people were feared trapped by a landslide triggered by heavy rains in Maharashtra on Wednesday, the inspector general of the national disaster force told Reuters, saying that the first batch of emergency workers had arrived at the scene. Full Article