Are Indian equities most vulnerable among BRICs?
Reuters Market Eye - Has the liquidity-driven outperformance of Indian shares among BRIC markets this year run its course? Some market participants argue that the reform optimism-led buying may give way to a technical correction.
The BSE Sensex rose 26.1 percent in 2012 as of Thursday's close, outperforming all its peers among the BRIC nations.
For graphic, click link.reuters.com/quj54t
Optimism around reform measures by the Indian government has been rewarded by foreign portfolio flows of $20.51 billion this year, but on the flip side, equities have now started looking overbought to some based on technical analysis indicators, dealers say.
The Sensex is trading in the "overbought" territory, with its 14-day relative strength index above 70 for the sixth day.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Sensex hits record high as BJP wins state polls
- Nokia offers $369 mln deposit to unfreeze Indian assets
- Anti-corruption crusader Kejriwal stuns Indian politics with election surge
- Singapore's 'Little India' hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested
- BJP aims to ride momentum for 2014 after big state wins
The BJP vowed on Monday to seize the momentum from a string of big state poll victories and smooth the tough job of broadening its appeal beyond traditional northern strongholds in time for a national election next year. Full Article