Are Indian equities most vulnerable among BRICs?
Reuters Market Eye - Has the liquidity-driven outperformance of Indian shares among BRIC markets this year run its course? Some market participants argue that the reform optimism-led buying may give way to a technical correction.
The BSE Sensex rose 26.1 percent in 2012 as of Thursday's close, outperforming all its peers among the BRIC nations.
For graphic, click link.reuters.com/quj54t
Optimism around reform measures by the Indian government has been rewarded by foreign portfolio flows of $20.51 billion this year, but on the flip side, equities have now started looking overbought to some based on technical analysis indicators, dealers say.
The Sensex is trading in the "overbought" territory, with its 14-day relative strength index above 70 for the sixth day.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. plans to arm Iraq's Sunni tribesmen with AK-47s, RPGs, mortars
- China building South China Sea island big enough for airstrip - report
- Bighorn sheep escapes Los Angeles Zoo, dies after car strikes it
- Apple $450 mln e-book settlement gets final court approval
- India approves $2.6 bln mounted gun purchase - official
India approved on Saturday the purchase of 814 mounted gun systems for the army at a cost of 157.5 billion rupees ($2.55 billion), a defence ministry spokesman said. Full Article