TOKYO The Japan Meteorological Agency has lifted a tsunami warning issued for northeastern Japan after a strong earthquake centred off the coast shook buildings as far away as Tokyo, public broadcaster NHK said.
The quake had a preliminary magnitude of 7.3, the U.S. Geological Survey said. There were no immediate reports of deaths or serious damage. (Reporting by Tetsushi Kajimoto; Editing by Edmund Klamann)
Trending On Reuters
U.S. Defense Secretary Ash Carter, in Washington's latest challenge of Chinese land reclamation in the South China Sea, said the scale of Beijing's activities, not the United States, was altering the status quo in the region. Full Article
- After suspension, Sri Lanka may let China resume work on Port City project
- Iran's Zarif hopes for nuclear deal within "reasonable period of time"
- U.S. training of Syria rebel fighters expands to Turkey - source
- Fugitive ex-Chinese official, investigated for graft, detained in U.S.
- UK takes hard line on EU reform as Cameron starts European tour
After suspension, Sri Lanka may let China resume work on Port City project Full Article
India tipped to overtake China in Modi's first year despite sluggish feel Full Article