Euro pares losses versus dollar
NEW YORK Dec 7 (Reuters) - The euro pared losses against the dollar in late morning trade on Friday as traders covered some short positions.
Traders cited a Market News International report that said senior European Central Bank Executive Board members, including President Mario Draghi and Bundesbank President Jens Weidmann, opposed a rate cut supported by the majority at the ECB's most recent policy meeting on Thursday.
The ECB left rates steady at 0.75 percent.
The euro was last down 0.2 percent at $1.2945. It had fallen to a session low of $1.2878 immediately after the release of U.S. jobs data that was stronger than expected.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 10-Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide
- UPDATE 3-Avalanche kills at least 12 guides in deadliest incident on Mount Everest
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide
- Mediterranean diet may slow diabetes progression
Nitin Gadkari, former president of the Bharatiya Janata Party and a member of the BJP’s manifesto committee, speaks to Reuters. Here are the edited excerpts. Full Article