Maruti, Tata Motors rise on price hike hopes
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Maruti Suzuki(MRTI.NS) gain 3.4 percent on media reports of price hike in January.
Among other auto gainers, Tata Motors (TAMO.NS) rises 2.1 percent while Mahindra and Mahindra (MAHM.NS) gains 2.1 percent.
Dealers say January may see a lot of auto manufactures going for price hike after December inventory gets sold off.
General Motors Co's Indian unit said on Thursday it will increase car prices in the country by 1-3 percent from January due to high input costs and currency fluctuation.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-U.S. fines Berkshire over stock deal, Buffett admits mistake
- UPDATE 2-UK launches hunt for man with British accent on beheading video
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Islamic State opens new anti-U.S. front with beheading video
- McCain calls for dramatic increase in US airstrikes against Islamic State
Addressing India's Infra Needs
The World Bank's private-sector financing arm on Wednesday launched $2.5 billion, rupee-denominated, bonds in the Indian market to fund infrastructure projects, after raising $1 billion in offshore bonds for the sector last year. Full Article