Maruti, Tata Motors rise on price hike hopes
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Maruti Suzuki(MRTI.NS) gain 3.4 percent on media reports of price hike in January.
Among other auto gainers, Tata Motors (TAMO.NS) rises 2.1 percent while Mahindra and Mahindra (MAHM.NS) gains 2.1 percent.
Dealers say January may see a lot of auto manufactures going for price hike after December inventory gets sold off.
General Motors Co's Indian unit said on Thursday it will increase car prices in the country by 1-3 percent from January due to high input costs and currency fluctuation.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Billionaire investor Icahn steps up pressure on Apple
- U.S. court questions Google defense against Oracle over Android
- UPDATE 3-Actor Walker died from multiple injuries in crash, 'Fast 7' filming halted
- UPDATE 4-German minister snubs Ukraine leaders on Kiev visit
- UPDATE 8-Soccer-English premier league top scorers
The Hindu nationalist opposition Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) emerged as the biggest winner in four key state elections, exit polls forecast on Wednesday, a possible blow to the ruling Congress ahead of a general election due next year. Full Article