Maruti, Tata Motors rise on price hike hopes
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Maruti Suzuki(MRTI.NS) gain 3.4 percent on media reports of price hike in January.
Among other auto gainers, Tata Motors (TAMO.NS) rises 2.1 percent while Mahindra and Mahindra (MAHM.NS) gains 2.1 percent.
Dealers say January may see a lot of auto manufactures going for price hike after December inventory gets sold off.
General Motors Co's Indian unit said on Thursday it will increase car prices in the country by 1-3 percent from January due to high input costs and currency fluctuation.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Thousands raised to buy car for Pennsylvania sniper's lookalike
- WHO vaccines boss signs up as Ebola trial guinea pig
- UPDATE 4-P&G to exit Duracell battery business; quarterly sales dip
- Two U.S. states to quarantine health workers returning from Ebola zones |
- UPDATE 10-Two U.S. states to quarantine health workers returning from Ebola zones
The latest Reuters poll of 20 economists taken over the past week shows Asia's third-largest economy will likely grow 5.5 percent this fiscal year and 6.4 percent the next, slightly better than 5.3 percent and 6.3 percent expected in the July poll. Full Article
Kalki Koechlin on her role as a disabled girl in “Margarita, With a Straw” Full Article