Maruti, Tata Motors rise on price hike hopes
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Maruti Suzuki(MRTI.NS) gain 3.4 percent on media reports of price hike in January.
Among other auto gainers, Tata Motors (TAMO.NS) rises 2.1 percent while Mahindra and Mahindra (MAHM.NS) gains 2.1 percent.
Dealers say January may see a lot of auto manufactures going for price hike after December inventory gets sold off.
General Motors Co's Indian unit said on Thursday it will increase car prices in the country by 1-3 percent from January due to high input costs and currency fluctuation.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Govt considers ban on e-cigarettes, sale of single smokes
- India's fiscal deficit in H1 almost 83 pct of full-year target
- Islamic State fighters kill 220 Iraqis from tribe that opposed them
- Sensex surges 500 points on BOJ easing, L&T gains
- PRECIOUS-Gold, silver tumble to four-year lows as dollar rallies
Shares Hit Record
The BSE Sensex and Nifty surged to record highs for a second consecutive session on Friday after Bank of Japan's surprise expansion of its massive stimulus programme raised hopes for additional foreign inflows, boosting blue-chips such as Larsen & Toubro. Full Article
China's shadow banking sector growing rapidly, third largest in world - FSB. Full Article