TOKYO Workers at two nuclear plants in Fukushima reached safe positions inside the plants after a tsunami warning was issued after a strong earthquake struck northeastern Japan, a spokesman at Tokyo Electric Power Co (Tepco) (9501.T) said on Friday.
Kyodo news agency earlier said that Tepco had ordered workers at the Fukushima Daiichi and Daini plants to evacuate.
Tepco earlier said there were no irregularities at the two plants after the quake.
The Tepco spokesman, at its Tokyo head office, said it had not yet confirmed the arrival of the tsunami at the plants. (Reporting by Risa Maeda)
Trending On Reuters
Airplane debris that washed up on the Indian Ocean island of Reunion and may belong to the vanished Malaysia Airlines Boeing 777 arrived in France on Saturday for investigators to study its origin. Full Article
- Hillary, Bill Clinton report total income of $140 million since 2007
- Bin Laden relatives reportedly killed in private jet crash in Britain
- On Army Day, China warns of growing border security risks
- Malaysia's PM Najib says Qatar, China interested in 1MDB assets
- Minister intervenes to give Chinese artist Ai Weiwei full UK visa