Quake of 7.1 magnitude strikes off Indonesia -USGS
LONDON (Reuters) - A magnitude 7.1 earthquake struck 147 miles (236 km) northwest of the Tanimbar Islands in Indonesia at 1653 GMT, the U.S. Geological Survey reported on Monday.
No tsunami warning was issued, the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center said in a statement on its website.
Then USGS said the quake was recorded at a depth of 98 miles (158 km). (Editing by Michael Roddy)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Google's Pichai to oversee major products and services
- Modi takes tea, but no questions, in first press event as PM
- UPDATE 2-Motor racing-Caterham and Marussia to miss next races - Ecclestone
- Two killed, four wounded in Washington state school shooting
- Finance Minister Arun Jaitley favours interest rate cut - paper
New York and New Jersey will automatically quarantine medical workers returning from Ebola-hit West African countries and the U.S. government is considering the same step after a doctor who treated patients in Guinea came back infected, officials said. Full Article | Slideshow
Kurds reject Erdogan report of deal with Syrian rebels to aid besieged Kobani. Full Article