Quake of 7.1 magnitude strikes off Indonesia -USGS
LONDON (Reuters) - A magnitude 7.1 earthquake struck 147 miles (236 km) northwest of the Tanimbar Islands in Indonesia at 1653 GMT, the U.S. Geological Survey reported on Monday.
No tsunami warning was issued, the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center said in a statement on its website.
Then USGS said the quake was recorded at a depth of 98 miles (158 km). (Editing by Michael Roddy)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Pakistani family sentenced to death over "honour killing" outside court
- UPDATE 1-Snow to keep falling in paralyzed western New York another day
- Gunman killed, three students shot in Florida university library |
- Kotak bank buys ING Vysya in record $2.4 billion share deal
- Duchess of Alba, the world's most titled aristocrat, dies
The Department of Homeland Security will grant temporary protected status to people from the three West African countries most affected by Ebola who are currently residing in the United States, department officials said on Thursday. Full Article
Egypt's Sisi says pardon for Al Jazeera journalists "being discussed". Full Article