Quake of 7.1 magnitude strikes off Indonesia -USGS
LONDON (Reuters) - A magnitude 7.1 earthquake struck 147 miles (236 km) northwest of the Tanimbar Islands in Indonesia at 1653 GMT, the U.S. Geological Survey reported on Monday.
No tsunami warning was issued, the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center said in a statement on its website.
Then USGS said the quake was recorded at a depth of 98 miles (158 km). (Editing by Michael Roddy)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- REFILE-Divers feel with their hands for corpses in cold depths of South Korean ferry
- UPDATE 5-Missouri executes convicted killer in 1993 cattle-stealing plot
- Rupee weakens past 61/dollar to one-month low
- China shares down, Aussie drops after inflation data
- Teen who stowed away on Hawaii flight resting in hospital
Australia vows to keep searching to solve missing Malayasian plane mystery. Full Article
Ukraine president calls for new anti-rebel offensive as crisis deal falters. Full Article