Quake of 7.1 magnitude strikes off Indonesia -USGS
LONDON (Reuters) - A magnitude 7.1 earthquake struck 147 miles (236 km) northwest of the Tanimbar Islands in Indonesia at 1653 GMT, the U.S. Geological Survey reported on Monday.
No tsunami warning was issued, the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center said in a statement on its website.
Then USGS said the quake was recorded at a depth of 98 miles (158 km). (Editing by Michael Roddy)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. court questions Google defense against Oracle over Android
- Billionaire investor Icahn steps up pressure on Apple
- UPDATE 3-Actor Walker died from multiple injuries in crash, 'Fast 7' filming halted
- UPDATE 4-German minister snubs Ukraine leaders on Kiev visit
- UPDATE 3-TV's "Domestic Goddess" Nigella tells UK court she took cocaine
Thailand's political future is cloudier than ever, but one thing is for certain - self-exiled former premier Thaksin Shinawatra won't be coming home soon. Full Article
Exclusive - Son of former Chinese security chief helping with graft probe: sources Full Article