Rupee still higher; Bharti Infratel, reform bills key
Reuters Market Eye - The rupee still higher at 54.35/36 levels versus last close at 54.47/48. Volumes remain thin as traders on holiday, leading to volatility on small moves.
Bharti Infratel IPO, which opens for retail investors on Tuesday, will be watched for inflows. Dealer expects 'substantial" flows on account of the share sale.
Bharti Infratel Ltd, the telecommunications tower unit of top Indian phone carrier Bharti Airtel Ltd (BRTI.NS), is set to raise up to $825 million in what would be the country's biggest initial share offering in two years.
Parliament will be watched with the Banking Act amendment bill, a key financial bill, likely to come up for passage.
USD/INR has multiple resistances between 54.89 and 54.94, which is an area marked by previous support and resistances and 14-day average.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Rapper Lecrae leads debut-filled top ten of Billboard 200 chart
- UPDATE 2-U.S. House passes bill to avert govt shutdown, extend Export-Import bank
- Biden apologizes for 'Shylocks' gaffe, visits Iowa
- HIGHLIGHTS - Fed chief Yellen's remarks at press conference
- US STOCKS-Wall St edges higher after Fed; Dow sets record
The Federal Reserve renewed its pledge to keep interest rates near zero for a "considerable time," but also indicated it could raise borrowing costs faster than expected when it starts moving. Article | Factbox
China cenbank injects $81 bln into major banks to support economy - reports Full Article