Sesa Goa falls after SC panel's recommendations
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Sesa Goa(SESA.NS) fall 2 percent after a panel appointed by India's top court recommended scrapping 42 iron ore mining leases in Goa until mining companies submit plans to deal with the environmental impact and the legal details involved, a lawyer who attended the hearings said.
Kotak Institutional Equities says, "Resumption of mining in Goa could be a laboured affair and follow the footsteps of Karnataka."
The research house adds that Sesa Goa stands to lose 9 percent contribution to fair value due to this development, on a likely production cap and delay in restart of mining.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Missing jet may have strayed toward Andaman Sea - Malaysian air force
- Malaysia seeks India's help in search for missing airliner
- Malaysia says last sighting of plane possibly off west coast
- Coastguards from Andaman and Nicobar islands join lost Malaysian jet search
- Coal India officers to go on strike; output to be hit
India's flagging economy delivered rare good news on Wednesday with a slight expansion of industrial production and further cooling in consumer prices, offering some respite to the ruling coalition before next month's general election. Article | Expert views