Sesa Goa falls after SC panel's recommendations
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Sesa Goa(SESA.NS) fall 2 percent after a panel appointed by India's top court recommended scrapping 42 iron ore mining leases in Goa until mining companies submit plans to deal with the environmental impact and the legal details involved, a lawyer who attended the hearings said.
Kotak Institutional Equities says, "Resumption of mining in Goa could be a laboured affair and follow the footsteps of Karnataka."
The research house adds that Sesa Goa stands to lose 9 percent contribution to fair value due to this development, on a likely production cap and delay in restart of mining.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Special Report: Why Madrid's poor fear Goldman Sachs and Blackstone
- Gold sales jump about 20 pct for Diwali - trade body
- Three major nations absent as China launches W.Bank rival in Asia
- ISL probes allegation of assault on Pires
- UPDATE 4-Doctor with Ebola in New York hospital after return from Guinea
The latest Reuters poll of 20 economists taken over the past week shows Asia's third-largest economy will likely grow 5.5 percent this fiscal year and 6.4 percent the next, slightly better than 5.3 percent and 6.3 percent expected in the July poll. Full Article
Kalki Koechlin on her role as a disabled girl in “Margarita, With a Straw” Full Article