Sesa Goa falls after SC panel's recommendations
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Sesa Goa(SESA.NS) fall 2 percent after a panel appointed by India's top court recommended scrapping 42 iron ore mining leases in Goa until mining companies submit plans to deal with the environmental impact and the legal details involved, a lawyer who attended the hearings said.
Kotak Institutional Equities says, "Resumption of mining in Goa could be a laboured affair and follow the footsteps of Karnataka."
The research house adds that Sesa Goa stands to lose 9 percent contribution to fair value due to this development, on a likely production cap and delay in restart of mining.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Obama signs order expanding U.S. Afghanistan role - NY Times
- China building South China Sea island big enough for airstrip - report
- Obama to be chief guest at Republic Day celebrations
- Long "to do" list for Modi as clock ticks on reform
- European Parliament may propose Google break-up in draft resolution
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has a long list of pro-growth measures to implement over the next four months, but time may have already run out to breathe enough life into the economy to meet the tough 2014/15 fiscal deficit target without cuts. Article