Drug Safety Settlement
Japanese drugmaker Daiichi Sankyo Co, which bought control of Ranbaxy Laboratories in 2008, said it believes unnamed former shareholders of the company hid information regarding U.S. regulatory probes into Ranbaxy. Full Article
- Soldier hacked to death in London in suspected Islamist attack
- FBI says man shot dead while being questioned about Boston bombings
- Short story writer Lydia Davis wins Man Booker International fiction prize
- Gold slips after Bernanke hints at slowing bond buys
- Gold slides as Fed chief hints at reduced bond buying
Confused while buying stocks? Get buy, sell or hold recommendations from VantageTrade. Full Coverage
Wipro shares gain on acquisition, order win report
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Wipro Ltd (WIPR.NS), India's No.3 software services provider, gained 1.8 percent in after the company in a statement on Sunday said it would acquire L.D. Waxson Group, a Singapore-based consumer goods company, in an all-cash deal worth about $144 million.
Dealers also attribute gains to reports in the Economic Times newspaper that Wipro has bagged a $200-million (10.9 billion rupees) technology service contract in Europe, citing a person with direct knowledge of the negotiations.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi and Manoj Dharra; Editing by Anupama Dwivedi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this